Speed Bison vs. Death Metal

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Speed Bison vs. Death Metal

Post by attackfrog » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:21 pm

Speed Bison: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9838#p74028
Death Metal: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9838#p74047

The Bison is using its plow, of course. DM's using its angled blade.

Speed Bison's plow is wide, so it'll be hard for Death Metal to get around it. It's got the speed and torque to get to Death Metal fast and shove it around. And it's got the armor on the plow to tank the hits it'll need to tank before it can smother that blade and take control of the match.

I'll plan to box rush (what a surprise!) but I'll prioritize accuracy over speed: I'd rather take a little longer to get there than miss and give DM a shot at Bison's back. I'll aim for the blade with the center of the plow, whichever way DM is pointed, and take the hit at whatever power DM's at by then. DM will get knocked away and try to spin up again, Bison will be knocked away much less due to its greater traction and will head back in immediately to stop DM before it gets up to speed. Eventually I hope to be in DM's face, blocking its blade from spinning up.

From there I'll be pushing it into the hazards, the wall, whatever. A pin is good, but a shove into the arena drums is best. If DM tries to turn away, I'll turn with it to keep it stuck in my plow, while continuing to shove. If I end up pushing DM from behind for some reason, same strategy but I'll be extra careful to turn with DM if it tries to spin around and catch me with that spinner.

In summary, smother Death Metal, and shove into the arena drums until it dies while tanking any hits I have to tank with Bison's plow.

GLHF Danielle!

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

Re: Speed Bison vs. Death Metal

Post by Shaba117 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:32 am

My match against Hati was more of a straightforward attack with me being able to cause 4 damage to the entirety of the bot. SB has that extra point of armor bonus to the front plow, which I will not be able to cause too serious damage to. So, I really need to get around to the sides and take some wheels off and not just attack head-on and wail away - that won't get me the damage points that I need to win this fight should it go to a JD.

Simplest answer is to not let it get to a JD. I start out like I would to meet SB head-on, but then turn back and let SB's momentum carry it forward before swinging back around and catching a front wheel. SB's control is not perfect, either, so there will be a slight amount of delay in stopping/reversing/turning. Per my signup post I can spin the angled bar in either direction, so change up the direction of weapon rotation to throw off SB's reaction, as well. If I take off a wheel, that will start hindering SB's drive and I'll have an easier time picking off more parts behind the plow, which should result in a KO.

If SB plays shy to begin with, drive aggressively at it, then turn back away and show my back to bait SB into chasing me then go with the above strat. Don't allow SB to bait me near the walls/corners/hazards/etc.

If I'm not getting anywhere with the above strats/SB just isn't buying any of my tricks and is stuffing me...then resort to direct attacks to rack up as much damage point as possible and maybe even get SB to recoil into hazards.

Quickly regain control if I end up gyrodancing and avoid the screws. If SB tries to plow me into those, turn and have the weapon pointed at them so it takes the brunt of the impact and my weapon armor can protect me. Keep out in the open as much as possible.

GL, Attackfrog!