GRUDGE MATCH: Nabi (Killer Queen) vs SuperBomb (IceBreaker 2)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

GRUDGE MATCH: Nabi (Killer Queen) vs SuperBomb (IceBreaker 2)

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:28 pm

Killer Queen vs Icebreaker 2
Heavyweight match using Trihunter's Dirty Dozen ruleset! RPs no longer than 400 words!

Arena: The BattleBox
Arena
Hazards:
The Killsaws: 3 damage per second
The Pulverizers: 2 damage per hit
The Screws: No damage but could quite easily snag a robot and hold them for a few seconds before spitting them back out.

The Contestants:
Killer Queen
Speed: 6 Traction: 5 Torque: 1 Weapon: 10 Armour: 8
Killer Queen is really small bot with 2 WD drive. It isnt the fastest but it has really strong armour And spinner. It has 2 hinged wedges that Can be removed but this config isnt Best to use. If it gets fliped it Can drive inverted even with the weapon on.
Icebreaker 2
Speed: 7 Traction: 6 Torque: 3 Weapon: 5 Armor: 9
Icebreaker is a full pressure, 6 wheel drive flipper akin to the likes of Sub-Zero and Bronco. All the wedgelets are independently hinged, as is the flipper. The wheelguards are made to still allow the wheels to touch the ground when wedged from the side or front. The flipper has enough power in it to self-right easily when flipped.

Nabichan

Re: GRUDGE MATCH: Nabi (Killer Queen) vs SuperBomb (IceBreaker 2)

Post by Nabichan » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:35 pm

So. My strategy is mostly try to drive defensivelly. Ideal would be to make the driver of Icebreaker to misfire getting me easy way to get under him. He will definitelly be agresor here since he is faster. Thing that is worth trying too is try to remove its wedgelets. If i do that i can take a control and get some hits with the weapon. Good for me is that i can drive inverted with my spinner on so i can get some hits. I am hoping my bot will be functional after these flips bcs as soon as the weapon is dead i am most likelly going to loose. I am also planing to be more in the center of the arena and not on the corners or the sides. I will try to avoid hazards and push the oponent into them.

Superbomb122

Post by Superbomb122 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:22 pm

The good news for me is that my drivetrain outclasses KQ's pretty handily. I have the stats, but just as important is the difference in setup. I have 4wd, while Killer Queen only has 2 wheels at the back of the bot. This will make turning slower and harder to control. In addition, Killer Queen's supports aren't large enough to let it run inverted with the weapon on. While the weapon is still a big concern, these traits should make it easier for me to avoid the disc.

When the match starts, I want to box rush, turning to meet Killer Queen's wedges at an angle. Keep the pressure on throughout the fight to take advantage of Killer Queens slower turning. If I get under, flip quickly and hope Killer Queen goes upside down. Try to box KQ into a corner and OOTA of the opportunity presents itself. If Killer Queen becomes inverted, push it around and hold off on flipping unless there is a clear chance to OOTA to prevent the weapon from spinning up.

If KQ gets under, back away while turning to avoid getting outwedged immediately again. I can take a few shots from KQ, and can self right easily, so I'm not too worried if I'm not getting hit constantly. If the aggression stops writing, play it more conservatively and wait for a good opening to present itself.

I don't plan to use hazards much, but might push KQ into the screws when I see fit. Besides that, keep track of the floor seams and killsaws to keep myself from getting hung up on anything.

TLDR- Be aggressive, get KQ inverted, go for the OOTA when possible

GLHF Nabi!
Team ETHER 12-11
REDDIT: 3-2
CBC: 9-9

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:33 pm

MATCH RESULT:

It's not so much of an event tonight as it is an exhibition, it's a test for new kid on the block, Nabi with his oh-so compact machine Killer Queen and Super has agreed to help him with that testing with his ol' reliable Icebreaker 2, after all, you can hit a couple household appliances with your weapon all you like but there is nothing like testing your robot in a real combat situation!

It's about as quiet as you'd expect for a private test match, the only other people there other than the drivers are the arena builders and the judges after all but the robots are sure to change that.

"3... 2... 1... ACTIVATE!" a voice cries, as they couldn't be bothered to set the proper countdown timer up and the robots are off and under way! Killer Queen gets it's menacing weapon up to speed with a loud hum as the pair come barreling towards eachother from their starting squares and due to their similar speed, meet towards the center of the ring, although slightly towards the side where Killer Queen started, as Icebreaker does have that superior speed and acceleration after all! Super turns his bot in and with all the stability that having six wheels on the ground brings, gets under Killer Queen smoothly, perfectly set up to push him a couple feet towards the corner and go for the toss! Oooh, just a smidge too early, as Killer Queen smacks into the wall, landing back on it's feet with enough space to turn and face it's aggressor, the two approaching once more, this time head on, with IceBreaker getting under the Vert once again, ramming him into the corner before going for another flip but to no success, his arm only firing up and into the spun-up weapon of Killer Queen, as it is just a little bit too short to get under the main chassis, taking a bit of a knick on the lip of it as it fires up but nothing more, the two bots hopping up for a second before Super wisely retreats before his flipping arm gets lowered onto that blade! Killer Queen forces Icebreaker to back-up towards the center of the ring before they meet head on once again, this time with Killer Queen managing to get under the big flipper, chipping the end of his flipper arm once again, still only taking minor pieces of metal off of the thing without much damage, but popping it up just enough for Killer Queen to dive underneath it, bringing it's weapon to bare on Icebreaker's belly, making a horrible grinding and scratching noise which only lasts less than a second or so as Killer Queen's weapon get's some bite and tosses Icebreaker behind it. The two are quick to try and turn to face eachother but Killer Queen's length and inferior speed mean it's just not able to turn quick enough as Icebreaker comes in at a slight angle once more, able to get under the Vert with relative ease once again as Super tosses the Vert high into the air, causing it to come down weapon first with a loud crash! It's upside down now and those supports are just too small for it to spin back up with the weapon-supports simply being too short, as Icebreaker comes in again on Killer Queen, scooping it up and pushing it towards a wall before tossing it once more! The upside-down Vert is at an awkward angle on the flipping arm though and twirls about in the air before crashing into the wall once more, just a hair short of being OOTA'd but still landing on the screws that chew Killer Queen's underside up before keeping him stuck in! Super waits patiently like an ambush predator for Killer Queen to be released and is under him right away as soon as he is, scooping the little Vert up and carrying to that same corner he did at the start, only this time firing his flipper just that little bit later to get that successful OOTA flip!
Winner by OOTA at 1:34, Icebreaker 2!