The Dirty Dozen: Lethal Carriageway vs Skoll

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

The Dirty Dozen: Lethal Carriageway vs Skoll

Post by British-Robotics » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:04 am

Using Horizontal Spinner Config

Skoll’s weapon is a dangerous threat especially when at full power so I’ll need to box rush and leave my weapon closed in an attempt to kill off Skoll’s weapon right from the get go.

I must also ensure that I’m facing Skoll’s weapon frontally and avoid any other part of my bot to get damaged. so the front will be the main focus.

I'll use my Speed, Traction and Torque advantage to push Skoll to the hazards and completely shunt him right at the spinner hazards in hope to damage Skoll. If Skoll tries to steer his way out from my push I’ll turn slightly from either direction and try to let Skoll get stuck from my bot’s pushing attack.

Once Skoll’s weapon is killed off I’ll quickly clamp him and keep on taking him to the hazards or slamming against the arena wall and hope to beach Skoll onto the side using my jaw or with enough force from my slamming.

Good Luck and may the best robot win 😊.

Hooray For Lexan

Re: The Dirty Dozen: Lethal Carriageway vs Skoll

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:15 pm

Stats:
Skoll: 4/2/1/16/7
Lethal Carriageway: 7/6/3/4/10

Configs: Using scythe blade.

Strategy:

His armor’s pretty weak but he’s got a decent drivetrain. Start inverted and sideways, spin up and come out at an angle in the oppposite direction. Once I’m up to speed point the weapon at the middle of his plow: if he’s hesitant to attack try the ol’ Billings Switcheroo. I’m going inverted so I can (a) not get deflected as much by his scoops, and (b) can hit the big GAP in the center and hopefully catch a scoop edge-on. The scythe’s shape is perfect for grabbing and tearing in an edge-on hit like this, but with his armor I’ll be getting corner hits soon either way.

Position myself so if I bounce it’s most likely away from the wall drums, and use the middle OOTA wall as an obstacle to keep my distance when spinning back up. If I have to engage him at low speed, aim for the outside edge of his plow so the hit spins us apart and gives me a chance to spin up for real. His clamp shouldn’t come into play too much unless I’ve already made a big mistake. If I’m wedged/grabbed and pinned and can physically spin the blade up, do so so I’m a threat as soon as or even while he releases.
Other than that just smack him until he’s dead.

GL HF