Listen Here Granddad, this is america. Everyone here eats ass vs The Thieving Magpie

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Listen Here Granddad, this is america. Everyone here eats ass vs The Thieving Magpie

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:25 am

TTM // 7/7/1/5/10 (bottom half of flipper for weapon armor bonus) //
LHGTIAEHEA // Speed: 8 / Traction: 7 / Torque: 3 / Weapon: 1 / Armor: 11 (+1 front) // Forks

her stats are kinda abysmal compared to mine but I'm not invertable so this match could still suck. FORTUNATELY, I have wedge advantage head on because forks. It's also really hard to flip me head on because I have a giant pole sticking out of my ass. that's pretty much all my weapon's gonna be used for this match btw :dirk:

uh yeah wedge fight don't make me explain it to you, don't make me do anything stupid. counter angling in with strafing. occasionally fake an approach by strafing off at an angle at the last second, baiting her into over-committing. her torque is low and she's 2WD with a long front so her ability to recover from an error and move to defend herself while I take advantage of her weakened state is notably lacking - these are the situations where I can try for getting under her side.

do my best to attrition her with the drums, it's mostly for show though so if my best option is pinning her to a wall, pin her to a wall.

if flipped, extend my puncher full forwards and yeet into a drum. I take no damage doing that (12 armor front, irrelevant shock damage), and bringing the puncher forewards should suddenly make it very easy for me to be flipped.

TL;DR: what you'd expect

GL

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

Re: Listen Here Granddad, this is america. Everyone here eats ass vs The Thieving Magpie

Post by Shaba117 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:00 am

First thing that I need to address about LHGTIAEHEA is that it suffers 50% torque reduction and will suffer 50% further knockback. So that 3 torque....yeah :/

There is a wedging advantage from the forks, but not a huge one. I should still be able to get the flipper under and send LHGTIAEHEA airborne. It looks like it can drive inverted, but not well, so I should have a easy time getting it lined up for the pit if I can flip it over. I'll be more conservative with the flipper for the first half of the fight (only fire it when I know I'm under). After that, gloves are off and flip if I anticipate that LHGTIAEHEA will fire its puncher. Also capitalize when I can on LHGTIAEHEA's reduced torque and double knockback distance. Don't prioritize lining it up with the pit if it's still upright - just hit the flipper to get it inverted first!

Watch for strafing trickery. I have prefect control, so I should be able to maneuver on a dime and counter its omni/mecanum voodoo and angle in on the sides of the forks. LHGTIAEHEA's puncher also only has power to knock me back 1 foot. If LHGTIAEHEA decides to use the bar as a thwack, it won't cause any damage and I'll charge into it to get in a flip.

Avoid getting pinned against walls/sent into hazards ( J-turn off the forks if wedged under ). If out of gas, maneuver and wedge under LHGTIAEHEA. Control the fight as much as possible if I'm unable to get an OOTA!

GL, Archangel!