Scrapper vs The Big Spook

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Scrapper vs The Big Spook

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:14 am

Scrapper: Speed: 4 / Traction: 2 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 16 / Armour: 7
TBS // Speed: 11 / Traction: 11 / Torque: 4 / Weapon: 1 / Armor: 3 //

3x his speed. perfect control. 4x his torque.

half his armor :V

flank, going for the ass if possible. he has a directional weapon and no ground clearance, he will not be able to hit me if I play safe and play for control.

if he tries gyrodancing, his ass wedge thing is already touching the ground, he's going to immediately lift his wheels off the ground and stop being able to turn. in other words, he can't intentionally trigger gyrodancing.

if he tries to say that me wedging from the back will make his weapon hit the ground, same issue with forks at the front; they will lift his body up and prevent the drum from hitting the ground. same applies if he runs inverted.

if he tries to make this an attrition war, he's forgetting the fact that he put a 12 power arena hazard in here and then entered a bot that takes 5 damage from it.

he will likely take all of these things into account and come to the same conclusion I would in his situation: corner camp like a bitch. if I can get an ENTIRELY safe angle, I can attempt to come in at his sides while he does this, but if not wait him out. corner camping is punished harder than staying in the center of the arena pretty consistently ever since Howler did that thing where it sat in a corner and circle strafed 10 degrees with a 16 power y axis spinner and we all decided to never allow corner camping again.

TL;DR: force a fair fight, then avoid his weapon entirely and feed him to OP hazards.

GL

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Smashing Pumpkins Live Tour 2020

Post by Trihunter » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:04 pm

Ok, major points first. Big Spook has to make it around the centre bit to get to us, giving us some time to spin up. He has 11 speed, but he also has 2 wheels. He's not going to pull any drifting feinting bullshit with that. It's gonna be cut and dry turning to get around, and considering how t h i c c we are, that's no issue if we play defensive enough.

Keep the drum revving at full pelt, one clean hit (or two, if the writer decides pumpkin armour somehow stops the disk lmao) murders this idiot. Stay our ground, force them to come to us. Gabe's gonna try to bait a slip-up or something, try and get around to my wedge or wheels for a safe ram. Careful positioning on our own approach, sticking vaguely close to the drums, will significantly simplify the situation, since he'd need balls of steel to try and flank us from that side, making the very obvious solution being to rush the outer end and shove us into the drums for an easy 5 damage... Except then we can predict the obvious manoeuvre and punt them into the stratosphere. Remember, one fuck up and Big Spook fucking melts, be it to our own blade or hitting the drums due to fucking up. If he backs off, keep playing defensive. Fast as he is, he still can't drive a lap of the ring in the turn it takes us to realize he's actually being serious to going around (as opposed to a fake out) and then turn around. If shit's being ungodly slow and he's trying to corner camp, make a gradual approach that forces Big Spook to squeeze through a narrower portion of arena to get around, and deploy murderfucking as appropriate.

tl;dr: Lock out options, prevent him from getting mileage out of his speed, discombobulate.

Hooh, I'm rusty and burnt out from assignments and shit. If I die, make it sick as fuck, ok, writer?
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)