ARC: The Dirty Dozen Round 1 Pt2: Chemical Explosion vs Xtreme Pneumatix

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

ARC: The Dirty Dozen Round 1 Pt2: Chemical Explosion vs Xtreme Pneumatix

Post by British-Robotics » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:36 pm

Chemical Ex: Speed: 5, Traction: 4, Torque: 1, Armour: 6, Weapon: 14
Xtreme Pneumatix: Speed: 7 Traction: 6 Torque: 2 Weapon: 3 Armour: 12

Chem Ex's weapon is strong enough to damage the wedge on XP, and his front wedgelets look thin enough to be buckled. As long as I face my weapon at XP it should give my opponent some issues on dealing with Chem Ex. I need to stay away from the hazards as much as possible and avoid to get lifted off the ground by XP.

Focus on attacking the front corners of XP the lifter, or if I'm lucky hit the side of XP and just stay close to XP within a short distance, if a flanking attempt happens back away and turn at an angle still facing my weapon and force my opponent to make a driver error, if a mistake is made then I'll need to pounce at XP and hope to get a good shot.

Good luck and may the best robot win :)

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: ARC: The Dirty Dozen Round 1 Pt2: Chemical Explosion vs Xtreme Pneumatix

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:02 am

Standard config

Basically just be aggressive right off the bat, going for him as soon as possible to impress the judges. My forks are certainly low enough to just slip right under his blade and speaking of that blade, it is quite badly designed for taking on wedges, the sloped shape of the teeth either side means it will simply deflect off of any angled surface like a wedge without getting very much bite at all, meaning he's not going to be taking any big bites out of me anytime soon and a 14 power HS isn't going to be all that devastating to a bot like mine regardless. I'll toss him over so his weapon is facing away from me, scoop him up, using his dreadfully low-ground clearence to beach him on my wedge and push him over to the arena drums, tossing him up onto them to let em chew at his exposed and vulnerable tracks, with only six armour, they should be getting pretty beat up. Basically just rinse and repeat this strategy, being the aggressive, controlling and possibly even the damaging one, doing it as many times as I need to before the arena hazards knock him out. Always keep facing him wedge first, piling up the pressure and remaining aggressive at all times, not letting him have an inch and smothering him to hell and back.

Best of luck man