The Dirty Dozen Round 1: Petaflare II vs I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

The Dirty Dozen Round 1: Petaflare II vs I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto

Post by Trihunter » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:29 am

PetaflareTanto
Speed: 6Speed: 8
Traction: 5Traction: 7
Torque: 1Torque: 3
Weapon: 10Weapon: 0
Armour: 9Armour: 12
Config: StandardConfig: Undeclared as of writing
First off, it's Saturday and Ethan hasn't declared yet so this is technically a free win but imma do a write just in case.

Tanto's got a lot of drive power, but it's useless if he doesn't get under. We take 0.9/12 ~= 13 seconds to pierce Tanto's armour, so we just need to get a lock in once. Begin with the crusher partially lowered. Tanto's a smol boi, so we wanna cut down that crush time as much as possible. Play defensive in our portion of the arena, letting them come in. Once Tanto's coming in, adjust our angle to sneak under theirs and grab down. Either we catch a tyre, in which case we more or less instantly win, we catch their armour and pierce through whilst stuffing them into the spikes, or, if the writer gave them the cleft wedge config, we manage to loop the crusher around their middle, in which case we feed their wedge tips into the drums to ensure an easy time in future encounters and racking up some damage. If Tanto gets under, see if we can J-hook away, then play a little offensive to see if we can score a grab, or force them back to a neutral position, in which case we return to normal strats. If we roll over, srimech asap. It counts as a 4-power arm, so it's pretty speedy to do, for once.

tl;dr: keep the match state nice and simple. Bring them into our wedge, get a grab and capitalize on it.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: The Dirty Dozen Round 1: Petaflare II vs I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:12 am

Using the Forks

Go for him right off the bat, being as aggressive as I can be to start off the match. This is just going to be about outflanking him and using my superior maneuverability against him, he has a big, long slow tracked bot with not a lot of traction for some reason after all and I have this quick little 2wd with massive wheels. Angle in on him always, a wedge that narrows out like that is just begging to be flanked and his ridiculously low ground clearance will make him easy to beach up on my big, high forks. As with most matches, this will just be about using my speed and aggression to my advantage, carrying him over to the arena side drums to let them chew on him for a bit, maybe even chuck him somewhere, it's all one big smothering game. If he ever gets under me, it'll be no worry, I have the speed and ground clearance to reverse off of his wedge in time, he has a slower bot after all and a crusher is a very slow weapon. There isn't much for his crushes to bite though if I do keep facing him, he can nom all day on the airgap inbetween my forks and if somehow he does get a hold on said forks then he isn't doing much, there's no real components in there and he can't exactly carry me anywhere with one torque when my wheels are close to the ground. My forks are wide enough apart to simply go past his own and straight to the sides of his wedge so any head-on meetings should result in me winning the wedge war. I'll be the one dictating the pace of the match and where he goes, I won't give him the chance to get me in the corner, using my superior agility to my advantage. Always keep facing him and always keep aggressive.
GL Tri