Dirty Dozen Round1: Something Something I Regret Nothing vs The Big Spook

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Dirty Dozen Round1: Something Something I Regret Nothing vs The Big Spook

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:25 am

Stats on left side are for each individual Something.
Something Something I Regret NothingThe Big Spook
Speed: 9Speed: 11
Traction: 8Traction: 11
Torque: 1Torque: 4
Weapon: 5Weapon: 1
Armour: 1Armour: 3
Spiritual mirror mach i guess.
Arena drum is instakilll for all bots, Pumpkin is has the dummiest thicc drive but i have 2 bots.

Siowhateverthatnameisspellledidontevenknowatthispointlmaoxd can probably get the one wedge between the forks of my flippers rather consistently and that is very bad, top priority is to not let spoopybot get under me.
The Big Spook can only move in circles when flipped and has very awkward self righting (underpowered srimech that's mounted very off-center and it's mount might bend when trying to as it is literal pumpkin).
Knowing that, the strategy once i get under is to fire the flipper immediately and then follow up with both bots to chain flips, as i will have lots the slow selfrighting time + the second of her reaction time to get ither bot under, probably that bot that didn't do that flip(who should be near the direction Spook was thrown and also be tracking its trajectory) under to continue the bullying.
Don't bother with the OOTA trickshot, just bounce the Halloween bot around as much as posible, ideally get it closer and closer to the nearest spiny hazard for the instakill.

As to getting under first keep both of my bots near to each other, both angled inwards to a center point in front of both bots, the idea is to strafe and stuff to intercept TBS in this point. She will have to chose either bot to get under and the other one will have an easy time getting under and flipping right away, even if she managed to get under already. If there is one bot that TBS is clearly aiming for it will back away a little at the last moment. Angling in wont really stop me and my other me from pulling this off, i can strafe and turn the entire cluster if there is an attempt at flanking the entire cluster so that wont work either.
Open the match with this and move immediately to near the central OOTA tower to further reduce posible angles of attack, if it gets back on its wheels and under control at some point after flipping revert to the exact same strat.

If she gets under one a Something do everything i can to get off, mainly use the rear wheels to strafe my bot to the side away from the nearest hazard. If a Something dies turn and strafe and shit to mess with the angling in idk.
GL HF
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: Dirty Dozen Round1: Something Something I Regret Nothing vs The Big Spook

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:49 am

well first off if he makes a self damage argument it's worse for him lmao

his control is bad, exacerbated by mecanums. mine is perfect. don't give me that "human reaction time" bullshit I invested 26 points in my drivetrain I want to get my fucking dues on that investment. he also will like never reach actual top speed with just 1 torque, he's much more likely to be hovering around the 7-8 mark most of the match. speed advantage means I get to dictate where fights happen, so do that in an area where I'm in as much of an advantaged state as possible. we're both playing with near-functional one shot power over each other I can afford to take my time and hit that perfect engagement.

it's a cluster. you beat clusters by focusing down one half of it, and by not getting stuck in between the two halves of it. in a 1v1 he's brought a bot literally half the weight of mine, my wedge wins 70+% of the time even if he gets head on.

it does not take long to isolate and ram one half of his bot into a wall, I have 11 speed. I don't need a wide opening, just enough time to ram and get away quickly.

if I get a half isolated ram it into anything but the screws. drums. whatever they're called. the things that one shot my 13 armor tankbot last week because this arena has stupid hazards. avoid being near them at all costs.

GL