Dreadnought MK4 VS The Act Of Being Polite

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Dreadnought MK4 VS The Act Of Being Polite

Post by GF93 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:25 pm

Standard Flat Wedge, Armoured Config.

TAOBP looks pretty strong with that undercutting bar, and the shape could be quite tricky to deal with. However, he relies a lot on it, and with Dreadnought's angled body all over and sheer durability in its armoured config, it'll find it hard to cause too much damage. I'm also just under twice as fast with three times his torque/traction, so I'll definitely be able to keep him under control as long as I know what I'm doing.

With that, I'll be aggressive yet strategic; attacking depending on which way his bar turns, and not only preventing him from spinning up, but constantly taking the fight to him, stopping him from spinning up or undercutting again, and making as much use of the environment as I can. Move out quickly, watch to see where he comes from, and accordingly force the initial impact with my front end against the opposite direction to which he's spinning to minimise damage and send him reeling backwards. Once he does, immediately swoop in and get right underneath before flipping him, then from there get attacking.

When on the attack, aggression all the way! Keep underneath and ramming/flipping him constantly, keep him inverted to prevent him from undercutting, copy his movements to prevent him from driving off, pursue him if he runs away, and always keep the front facing him. Most importantly, use the environment; squash him into the spikes to wear down the clock, and use the flipper to throw him into the drum, ideally aiming for the bar repeatedly to tear if off. If that goes, he's helpless.

Defence is, once again, mostly aggressive; constantly coming after and actively preventing him from escaping or mounting any meaningful offence, herding him near the walls/hazards, keeping him inverted to stop him undercutting, and ideally trying to tear out the bar with the drums if I can. Keep the front facing him constantly, dodge/counter or cut him off to stop flanking manoeuvres toward my sides/corners, and most importantly, don't fire the flipper unless I'm definitely underneath and ideally when he's slowed/stopped.

Good luck!

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: Dreadnought MK4 VS The Act Of Being Polite

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:16 am

The Act of Being Polite: Speed: 4 Traction: 2 Torque: 1 Weapon: 16 Armour: 7
Dreadnaught: "Armour Config" Speed: 7 Traction: 6 Torque: 3 Weapon: 1 Armour: 13 (+2 from weapon to the front end, including angled plates and lower end of the flipper) (Could've @'ted me you dweeb)

I have a nice big arena to get up to speed easily at the start of the match, he simply won't be able to get around that big tube quick enough to catch me. Let him come at me, I'll come right for him too, with how low his wedge is, it could possibly be easy to ride up and turn my bot slightly to get a shot at those unbonused sides of his, and if he tries to flip me, I'll just catch the sides of his flipper panel and give it some grief, might not be doing damage straight away to that flipper but with repeated hits, it'll start to peel up slightly, it is so thin after all. If I peel enough up on that flipper it'll just be easier and easier to bite into during the match, I also have an awkward shape for a control bot like him to take advantage of, even if he tries to get behind me, he will be hitting my blade, each hit deflecting us both away rather than allowing myself to ride up him, meaning he will really struggle to control me during the match. I will keep that blade spun up to full speed at full times, wanting to really bite into him, that little silver lip of his isn't part of the weapon and has no bonus and my blade will always be hitting that first of all, wearing it down and buckling it up, making it harder and harder for him to get under me consistently. This match will mostly be about me just keeping away from the walls and especially the drum, sticking to that tube in the centre of the arena which he certainly does not have the power to toss me into, if I can deflect him into the drums with a hit from my blade then I will definitely try that, always approaching him no matter what wanting to be the aggressor and the one doing all of the damage as well.
Best of luck.