Skoll vs. Black Diamond (D12)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

Skoll vs. Black Diamond (D12)

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:22 pm

STATS/CONFIGS:

Skoll: 4/2/1/16/7 (Symmetrical bar config)

Black Diamond: 8/6/2/5/9 (No teeth on wedge)

STRATEGY:
Start upright and backwards, turn around with spinup torque and head for the center. If I can do it in time, get to the middle of the arena and wait with my back to the OOTA wall; buy more time by veering around whichever side he doesn’t go around. Yes the OOTA wall. Thing is, he can’t safely flip against a full-speed undercutter. If he goes it anyway because he’s thinking “Free OOTA lol” or goes for an aggressive ram to try to bounce me out, juke sideways in the direction of my weapon torque and try to hit the side of his scoop. If he hesitates enjoy my free spinup, then slowly move out and attack.
If I can’t get to the center, then avoid the hit as long as possible.

Be cautious of the drum hazards at all times. The center wall is actually the best one for me to bounce towards because it’s not spinning / made of spikes plus the curve might make glancing blows more likely. Try to keep hits lined up so my spin direction means I probably recoil towards that, and if that fails try to knock myself towards the spike walls.

It sounds risky, but again it’s really dangerous for him to try flipping me. If he’s late I bounce away and he accomplishes nothing, if he’s early he’ll skid into me in a wheelie with it raised i.e. he’s utterly dead, if he nails the incredibly precise timing it’s still extremely unpredictable what’ll happen and he’s got a small OOTA zone. He’s also got just a few chances, period because just a couple hits should tear his arm off or at least warp/shred the tip so badly that it can’t get under my blade, plus let me get corner damage.
Run away when not spun up obviously. If I’m upside-down be more wary of his flipper and avoid giving him any possible lineup for an OOTA, but keep getting those hits. Hopefully I can skip up and shred his hammer blocker.

If he’s aggressively strategic, be strategically aggressive to counter him.

Good Luck Etc.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Re: Skoll vs. Black Diamond (D12)

Post by GF93 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:09 pm

No Teeth on Wedge.

Skoll hits hard and has the reversible symmetrical blade that can undercut, so I'll have to be especially careful while pushing/ramming to avoid being flanked. That being said, I have a good bot to take him on with; I'm twice as fast/torque-y with three times his traction (even if he does try juking/driving off, I can still easily catch him), and the flipper not only has the power to get him over the wall and into the pit, but it also has the extra armour from the >5 bonus; which'll give it the protection needed to stand up to him. He also loses a lot of effectiveness when he's flipped, and when he reverses the spinner, he's vulnerable.

Keeping that in mind, being aggressive/strategic will be the order of the day. Stay laser-focused on where he's coming from and which way his bar's turning, and from there constantly take the fight to him. Move out quickly, force the initial impact with my front facing the opposite direction his bar's turning, and then immediately flip him before he can recover to nullify his undercutting ability. Watch for him trying to juke toward my sides/wheels or drive off when he's underneath; in which case, copy his movements to stop him escaping.

When attacking, aggression all the way. Keep underneath and him ideally airborne/upside-down as much as possible, and mix up ramming and flipping him around with throwing him into the high walls/drums, squashing him into the spikes to wear down the clock, and copying his movements to ensure he can't escape. If I have a chance to flip him into the pit, by all means do so. Keep coming after him if he tries to flee, keep him boxed in near the walls/hazards, and if he starts to reverse the direction of the bar, show no mercy.

Defence is mostly aggressive, accordingly; keep underneath and ramming the scoop into his face to prevent him spinning up, keep him inverted to protect my wedge tip against the bar, and try to break his weapon ASAP with the drum. Most importantly however, don't fire the flipper unless he's definitely underneath and ideally slowed/stopped, keep the front facing him, and don't let him anywhere near the rear end/wheels.

Good luck!