Netherworld Dwellers vs Buzz Saw Bill

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Netherworld Dwellers vs Buzz Saw Bill

Post by V900 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:34 pm

robots
V900 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:34 pm Netherworld Dwellers

Yuyuko (main bot, no minibot)
Speed: 5
Torque: 4
Traction: 5
Armor: 12 (+1 front and back plows)
Weapon: 4 (3/3 lifters)

statline with minibot
Speed: 5
Torque: 4
Traction: 5
Armor: 10
Weapon: 0

Youmu (the minibot)
Speed: 8
Torque: 2
Traction: 7
Armor: 1
Weapon: 6

Weight distribution is 100/0 without the minibot (obviously) and 80/20 with it.

better render + description soon
TDG does ARC wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:55 pm BUZZSAW TIME BABY! Buzz-Saw Bill: Speed 6, Traction 5, Torque 4, Armor 14, Weapon 1

Has wheelguards and can self right with the arm

download/file.php?mode=view&id=248
Observations:
  • The lifters are the side prongs, and as such the main bot can self-right really easily if flipped.
  • Chainsaws are cool and valid and inflict the same amount of damage as a regular saw. This means that if Youmu can sneak in the back and clamp on for ~23 seconds, he's dead.
  • Since the arena has no damaging hazards and he has no defined spikes or teeth on his wedge to ram, the only way he can KO my minibot is to get a hold on it with his saw. My 8 speed minibot is very small and his saw is very narrow, so he'll have a hard time with that.
Strategy:
  • Play defensively for the first minute until the spinners turn on. They will soft-force him into driving around chokepoints. Use Yuyuko to get in his way.
  • Yuyuko has toothed wedge while his is flat. I should get under most of the time. If not though, use my multiple lifters to finagle my plow in the way of his saw arm.
  • After the spinners come into play, continue using Yuyuko to get in his way while Youmu finds a way either around to his back or side. Try to keep my distance so that he can't argue anything about torque or acceleration.
  • Watch out if he decides "spinners schminners" and tries to cut through them, be ready to run away with Youmu and pursue with Yuyuko.
  • Clamp, saw, rip, tear.
gl hf

TDG does ARC
Team: Team CSI

Re: Netherworld Dwellers vs Buzz Saw Bill

Post by TDG does ARC » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:00 pm

I'm writing this quick so bare with me lol, so the fight starts, I have a dustpan wedge so the idea will be to scoop the main bot up right off the bat and hold it as long as I can, bring the saw down and make sparks while shoving him into the walls, I'm a little faster and have equal torque so doing this shouldn't be too hard, the mini is quite fast but it doesn't have a lot of torque and it's weapon can't do much to my 14 armor so just try to not get stuck on it and I should be ok, I can't manage a KO with my weak saw but he doesn't have the power to do much either, so it's mostly gonna be a match of lining up, scooping the main bot up and slamming it around, I should have enough clearance to not easily get stuck on the mini so just focus on the main and keep it up, don't ever let him near my sides or back, and control the whole fight, and I win by JD on control and aggression
Just here to have a good time