Dirty Dozen: Defenestrator vs. Xtreme Pneumatix

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

Dirty Dozen: Defenestrator vs. Xtreme Pneumatix

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:13 pm

STATS:
Defenestrator: 7/6/2/4/11 (+1 front pontoons and forks)
Xtreme Pneumatix: 7/6/2/3/12

Clamp Config please

Strategy:
Drivetrains are dead even lol. I have a wedgelet reach advantage and unless he goes with many forks I should usually get under. Even with them it’s even. Come at him mostly head on but a bit off-center unless he’s consistently getting under me. Watch for him trying to slip his forks under the sides of my pontoons. Keep the clamp OPEN.

If I wedge him try to clamp onto his front wedge. It’s sloped, but shallow so I shouldn’t glance off too bad. Avoid biting directly on his flipper to prevent him forcing my jaw open – his arm’s narrow and so’s my jaw so this shouldn’t be too hard. However his forks may get tangled up in my arm’s structure and keep his flipper from opening. Pick him up if possible, otherwise see if I can tip him back far enough that his rear bumper high-centers him. Next either push him backward into the wall drums, push and then try to tip him over backwards onto them (this will likely get his forks hit and bend them) or suplex toss him onto them if I can. They can do some serious damage to him at 15 power. If this isn’t working overturn him as often as possible. He’s “invertible” but I’m not convinced he won’t just tip forward onto his wedge from being so front-heavy, and he’ll drive poorly at best. Make him use up gas self-righting. Do NOT go for OOTAs, I know I can’t in this arena.

J-turn if wedged, self-right immediately if flipped. However if he wedges my arm, PUSH FORWARD. My pontoons may wedge his chassis, and flipping my arm won’t do anything if his weight’s on the pontoons. If I wedge him like that just push. Avoid engaging him with my back to either the hazards or the OOTA zone. With 3 power he probably needs perfect alignment/timing AND full air tanks, and using enough flips could leave him unable to get me out.

If I can’t get a solid clamp on him at all, CLOSE the clamp and use it as a pure lifter.

Do controlbot things, control the match, keep damaging him with the drums.

GL HF

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: Dirty Dozen: Defenestrator vs. Xtreme Pneumatix

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:30 pm

Just using the long forks on the flipper

Try and go for him right away, hoping to be the aggressor, using my two-wheel-driveness to angle in on him and those long Wedgelets of his, hoping to just slot under them and just give him a toss, hoping to either make him slow his slide or flip him over, rushing over to scoop him up and toss him into the drum, he just doesn’t have the ground clearance to consistently escape from a wedge to the side, meaning I can toss him over there and let the drums chew on him, if they catch those thin Wedgelets on his arm, they might buckle it up or even the floor itself, either way, it won’t be healthy. My design will be a nightmare to clamp as long as I keep facing him, I’m literally just a big flat wedge with nothing to really catch onto I can use my good ground clearance to reverse slightly and then charge back in when his arm is lifted up to get under and give him a good toss, possibly bringing him to the pit, propping him up by resting him on his back against it then getting under his rear and flipping up, tipping him over the edge and into it which would be quite ideal actually. Be tricky, angling in on him and making it hard for him to get any sort of good head-on collision between us, using my forks that are longer then his on that grabber to slot under them, getting under the linkage piece inbetween them and tossing him by it onto his back. For the most part, two-wheel drive is better at turning and angling in then four-wheel drive is, even with our identical drivetrains. Be aggressive, always make sure I’m approaching him wedge first, trying to keep the match towards the centre of the arena, not giving him a chance to corner me. I’ll juggle my flips if I must to disorientate him a bit but generally, his low-ground clearance should be enough for me to control him, hopefully that way I can win on aggression, control and possibly even damage if he’s tossed into that drum enough if it does end up going to the judges.
Best of luck man.