Sundancer 2 vs Phaedra

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Sundancer 2 vs Phaedra

Post by Madman » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:47 pm

Phaedra: 6/5/1/5/13 (minus 1 speed shuffler)
vs.
Sundancer 2: 5/4/1/11/9 (+1 plow) - toothed wedge

1) She has that 1.5x weight bonus, but it's irrelevant here and it comes at a price: according to the rules, shufflers suffer a minus one point speed reduction and their control ratios remain the same. What this means is that we have identical drivetrains.

2) As a mecanum-wheeled bot, I suffer a minus one point torque deduction. However, the rules also say that torque can't drop below one, so ya.

3) Neither of us is damaging the other, so the differencemakers here are mobility, wedge, and flipping power. We're dead equal in the first, but I can strafe and circle strafe. Crucially, I can keep my weapon facing her while turning, whereas she has to waste time hooking inwards. If Phaedra brings the gap wedge, then it's basically just a toothed wedge with a really wide gap. If it runs the flat wedge, I have the advantage. In weapon power, too, I have her beat. Even with her 1.5x bonus, I flip Phaedra eight feet, compared to five.

The battleplan is mostly to be aggressive, mix in different types of strafing (circle, perpendicular, diagonal, feints, etc.) and try to keep my back to somewhere safe while maneuvering hers so that she's got the short wall to her back (preferably at some non-obvious angle). Use the extra maneuvers that she has to make to keep her weapon facing me to create a reaction gap where she has to play keep up. Shufflers also kind of struggle when most of their tread is lifted off the ground, so j-hooking away isn't going to be instant or easy for her. In any case, line up the shot and splash her OOTA.

Defensively, when flipped, self-right on reduced power, but be willing to self-right on higher power situationally if looks like it'll throw her timing for a loop. Don't be dumb around the floor spinners and get turned around on them. If she tries to use some kind of trick or bait, rush in at her like I'm falling for it and then strafe the hell out to get her to reveal her hand. Adjust accordingly.

GL
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: Sundancer 2 vs Phaedra

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:33 am

he went flipper lmao

forks (realized I dont have to declare lol). I have 2 big forks, he has a bunch of piddly tiny ones that will functionally behave like a flat wedge in that they spread out his wedging ability, which means I will on average be winning neutral fights. he can go off about strafing or something, im faster so at worst for me it even out. im invertable, so I can do that. avoid having my ass near walls. etc.. keep tempo up, I win the wedge war more often than not so force the issue as often as I feasably can.

GL