Butcher's Circus Round 2: Powershaft vs Xtreme PneumatiX

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

Butcher's Circus Round 2: Powershaft vs Xtreme PneumatiX

Post by British-Robotics » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:38 pm

Powershaft: Speed: 6 Traction: 4 Torque: 2 Weapon: 12 Armour: 6
Xtreme PneumatiX : 7 speed / 6 traction / 2 torque / 3 weapon / 12 armour

No config used for this match!

Ok, so XP can outpace me, but this arena that Powershaft is in may give me the upperhand. At the start of the match I want to carefully approach XP and not get caught from the front of XP's especially the forks. If I get caught underneath slightly, reverse away from danger and switch direction.

Turn right into XP if he angles right at me and hope for my front to get underneath XP and hit him. If I manage to "flip" XP with my weapon, quickly chain some hits and send him to the ramp area of the arena. I don't want to give XP any time to self right, so an OOTA attempt is needed.

If this attempt fails, quickly retreat, recoup, and hope to go for a lucky hit from XP's side from my oppoent's driving error.

Good luck and may the best robot win :)

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: Butcher's Circus Round 2: Powershaft vs Xtreme PneumatiX

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:36 am

Using the long forks

So apparently TBR us using his no config version which doesn't appear to have any forks... strange choice but ah well, he never stated that the wedge on it is hinged and there are no clear hinges in the design so I am going to assume the thing is static. I'll use my superior speed and acceleration to be the aggressor of the match, using that speed advantage and the gyro from his weapon to my advantage, angling in on him although perhaps I don't really have to with how much of a wedge advantage I have. That disc of his is heavily imbalanced, it is just symmetrical circle with a tooth on the one side with nothing to balance it out on the other, if he spins the thing up he will be jittering all over the place. Toss him up and over once my forks are underneath him and juggle my flips around the arena, smothering him completely, using his low ground-clearance to my advantage to wedge under him and possibly beach him on my big wedge, making it ever so easy to control and push him around the place, flipping him into walls and that spinner, making him show that back end of his bot to me. Always keep facing him, wedge first and never let up on him, getting those control and aggression points up for the judges. Unless I have flipped him onto them already, I will try and stay off those arena spinners, just focusing on wedging, flipping and controlling him. If I do somehow get flipped by his blade then I will back off with my superior speed and self-right.

Best of luck man.