Butcher's Circus Round 1: Xtreme pneumatiX vs Corona

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Butcher's Circus Round 1: Xtreme pneumatiX vs Corona

Post by Botomatic1000 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:53 pm

Xtreme pneumatiX: Speed: 7 Traction: 6 Torque: 2 Weapon: 3 Armour: 12
Corona: Speed: 5 Traction: 3 Torque: 2 Weapon: 13 Armor: 7
Using my long forks

I'll start by going for him right away, getting aggression points, trying not to go head-on but instead angling in on him, his big, high-speed bar and low traction to speed ratio are going to give him hell when he starts gyroing, my wedgelets are much longer then his own, those tiny little forks are the only part that scrape the ground and they will be so easy to get under, it will just be a matter of flipping him as soon as my forks are under, tossing him onto his top, his lack of any sort of supports extending above the blade mean the thing will just hit the floor, possibly leaving him upside down, unable to spin-up, meaning I can smother him easily. I believe his design is incredibly susceptible to doing 'the thing' with how much weight is at the front, which would leave him totally stranded without any way of moving, leading to him being counted out. A single-toothed bar like that would really struggle with being able to topple it back onto his wheels, having to use so much force and simply not having the torque, if he was stuck on his front, he would simply burn the un-geared weapon motor out before being able to self-right, if that is the case then I will definitely leave him to be counted out. The point of this match is to stay aggressive at all times, juggling my flips and smothering him completely, flipping him around the place and controlling the match, racking up both more aggression and control points with my superior, faster drive. My twelve armour, means he will be doing some damage but nothing major. Be agile and jerky, weaving on some approaches, using his bad gyro to my advantage to control. Try and toss him onto those spinners when they start to spin-up a little, if he lands upside down it'll almost definitely mean he will have his back or side shown to me which will make it easy for me to come in and flip him. Try and keep the fight in the sides of the arena rather than that middle corridor, the whole thing is very cramped and makes it oh so easy to smother him. Always keep facing him and always keep aggressive, always on the approach to toss him again and again.

Best of luck

Superbomb122

Re: Butcher's Circus Round 1: Xtreme pneumatiX vs Corona

Post by Superbomb122 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:45 am

Well, his drive outclasses mine and I do negligible damage, but I can still try to pull something off.

To start the match, approach carefully and spin the weapon up to about 75% power to limit gyro. Track his inevitable attempts to angle in and try to keep his forks between the leading parts of my wedge to give me the best chance at getting under.

If I do get under him, go full power with the weapon to get the biggest hit I can, then chain him, preferably toward the OOTA zones. I don’t do much damage very quickly, so I’ll have to go for the OOTA to end the fight.

If Ethan gets under, try to turn on his flipper in a way that makes the resulting flip awkward. This will limit the amount of power transferred into my bot, making an OOTA less likely and changing my trajectory. This, coupled with his flipper already having a bit lower flipper power than most, should at least keep me in the fight.

In short, keep myself in the arena, use my vert to preferably get him out.
Team ETHER 12-11
REDDIT: 3-2
CBC: 9-9