Machina Non Grata vs Dystopian Avenger

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Superbomb122

Machina Non Grata vs Dystopian Avenger

Post by Superbomb122 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:21 pm

MNG: 7/6/2/5/10
DA: 6/6/6/1/10

Normal config

First, I'm bringing noise-cancelling headphones and blasting heavy metal to counteract the tornado siren. Take that, Drew.

Dystopian Avenger’s drivetrain is actually really good, outpushing me even when it’s wedged and maneuvering on a dime. That said, I still outspeed it and can at least hold my own to keep the fight at my pace.

This fight comes down to wedge. Drew’s is good, but it has one major flaw: it’s all one piece on a hinge. This means that while the forks will be able to get under rather well, the rest of the wedge is easily exploitable by my hinged wedgelets and flipper arm. If I can get my wedgelets to either side of the middle prong of his wedge, I’ll be able to easily flip him from there. His drive isn’t nearly as effective upside-down, and the srimech seems pretty iffy, allowing me to chain from there.

Now for the fight. Approach with caution and figure out just how quickly Dystopian Avenger turns, accelerates, etc.Then, begin attacking at angles that bypass the center prong. Pay attention to see if Drew’s trying to do the same, and turn to face him head-on if need be. If I get under, move forward at full speed to get him on solidly and flip. If he lands upside dow, go hard for the chain, especially throwing him onto a wall to make tracking easier or into the arena hazard for damage points and possible bent forks. If the lights turn red, I assume he’s going for a charge, which means I might be able to bait him by turning slightly (10 degrees should do) and backing up a little, feeding him right into my wedge and flipper.

If Drew gets under and flips me, use my own limited invertibility to move and only self-right when Drew approaches to chain. If he doesn’t for whatever reason, drive backwards while upside down, then self-right to get the extra breathing room. I’m not too worried about the hazard for damage, but I’d prefer to not give Drew free damage points.

GL Drew
Team ETHER 12-11
REDDIT: 3-2
CBC: 9-9