XO vs 2A

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

XO vs 2A

Post by V900 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:48 pm

Spoiler
Noisy wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:42 am SP - XO

Normal - Sp: 8 / Tr: 8 / To: 3 / We: 3 / Ar: 8 (+2 Front)
Axe Config - Sp: 8 / Tr: 8 / To: 3 / We: 3 / Ar: 8 (+2 Top)

A rear hinged flipper with 2WD and skeletal armour, making it light and quick. Has interchangeable HDPE armour depending on it opponent to protect itself.

Axe Config
V900 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:06 am Sportsman: 2A

Speed: 3
Torque: 1
Traction: 3
Armor: 1
Weapon: 16 (11 gun, 11 ammo), 24 bullets total

No Steppy!
Speed: 6
Torque: 4
Traction: 6
Armor: 6
Weapon: 2

NON-multibot (where it enters the arena without No Steppy)
Speed: 3
Torque: 1
Traction: 3
Armor: 1
Weapon: 22 (15 gun, 15 ammo), 32 bullets total

The gun has a big pneumatic engine nearby it that can either rapid-fire PEWPEWPEW BRRRRT the bullets all at once or a couple at a time. It's invertible but the gun's feeding mechanism (read: a ramp) won't really work upside down. Basically, it does this.

No Steppy is both invertible and can self right. It's really just Phat Slug with less stat points, though.

Multibot weight distribution is 50/50. The bullets make up a lot of the main bot's weight + some weight's taken from the insides and stuff, to the point where the chassis wobbles and sways when driving. I'm sure it'll be fine. :^)
no multibot, 22 (15/15) weapon

copypaste from previous RP as it applies here too
V900 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:44 pm The bullets make up a lot of the robot's weight in total, yes. But each one is fired individually. It takes a lot more force to recoil my robot backwards than it does to propel a comparatively smaller bullet forward. Recoil issues may occur if I'm almost out of ammunition, but at that point I'll have bigger problems.
  • 2A's bullets have teeth designed to catch on opponents and ensures that any near-misses aren't deflected. You can see them in the CAD.
  • Perfect traction means Boto Noisy can't argue "well he'll slip while turning and miss his shots". It also takes a lot less steering to aim toward him at a distance than upclose. He needs to cover a lot more ground to get around me.
  • Duck Stab XO has to decide whether it wants to dodge to the side or charge straight and try to box rush me.
Observations:
  • 10 armor LOL
  • I have 32 ammo and inflict 4 damage at minimum, 6 damage at maximum. My shots will likely land dead-center on his flipper. Just a hit or two should bend and dent his flipper enough that it has serious functionality issues.
  • It's very, very difficult (if not outright impossible) for him to KO me. His 3 power flipper isn't subject to repeated hits, and ramming damage is out of the question since there's no defined spikes or teeth on his robot.
  • No, flipping your opponent into a wall doesn't count as ramming damage. Otherwise stuff like Hoarfrost would be absolutely obnoxious to fight.
  • No, XO's wedge isn't shallow enough to smother me against a wall for ramming damage.
  • Technically he could try some "fire the flipper and them clamp him as it comes back down" type thing and then slam me into the wall to inflict ramming damage, but that puts him in danger of getting shotgunned at 8 armor vs 16 weapon.
  • 3 spd 3 tra means he can't fish for turning mistakes on my end.
  • I can proc repeated hits after 4 hits maximum in the same spot. Very cool!
Strategy:
  • Start positioned slightly offset to the side and aimed toward XO. This helps prevent getting trapped in a corner. Stay close to a wall as that prevents XO from flanking.
  • Turn in place and spray bullets baybee. 1 bullet per second if he's far enough away to incur the 14 weapon damage-distance penalty, 3 per second if he's in 15 weapon mid-range, and let er rip at 6 per second if he's 16 weapon range/basically right in front of my barrel.
  • Move in only if he decides to camp away from me. Try to stay close-ish to a wall, however.
  • If he flips me (big if), just dry-hump his front until he flips me back over. There's a solid chance I monstertruck and that makes things really annoying for him trying to control me. And if he's not playing ball, go for some wacky tactics like running up XO's ramp-wedge and trying to roll off the side.
gl hf

it's like 20 words above the word limit but you can just ignore the last bullet point if you want

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

Re: XO vs 2A

Post by Noisy » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:55 pm

I have more than double his speed and have perfect traction so it will be very hard for him to get a shot on me. He has no skirts or wedges and has several millimetres of ground clearance all around so i'll be able to get under him every time. He also has 1 armour so one hit by the floor spinner will be disastrous for him.

At the start, start 45° from facing him head on and accelerate as soon as the start buzzer goes. Wedge into his side and and turn him towards the floor spinner, then flip him to take him towards it. Chain up flips until he hits the floor spinner. Watch out for his gun, stay close to his side and keep moving/wedging him so he can't turn and fire. After he hits the spinner, push and flip him back on to the spinner to finish him off or flip and beach him onto the walls if he has one side of wheels left Be careful around the spinner.