ROBOT4 FWS Week 2: Split Personality vs Heaven Jaws

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

ROBOT4 FWS Week 2: Split Personality vs Heaven Jaws

Post by Trihunter » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:30 am

Split PersonalityHeaven Jaws
ImageImage
Speed: 8Speed: 9
Traction: 7Traction: 7
Torque: 3Torque: 2
Weapon: 5Weapon: 3
Armour: 7Armour: 9
Not sure HJ's outer wedges count as sportsman but whatever.

20 hits to break their armour. Not too bad considering they've a very obvious weak point and we can swing pretty damn fast. Get stuck in dustpan side (that's the sad face one) first to keep them in our control easier whilst racking up hits on whatever we can, though try to aim for those wheels and wheel pods, they seem juicy and prime for a bit of poking to cause a mess. They're marginally faster than us, but our control is better (and this system hates a -2 split), and we've more torque than them so keeping on top of them shouldn't be an issue unless they're actively running away for some reason. Even if they get enough control to wedge us, either we lock horns head on (letting me smash their wedgelets whilst they can't do jack) or they snag us at an angle (in which case I get free potshots on the lifter hub during the lift which can also jiggle me loose, suffer zero consequences from a flip, and can immediately attack their back once suplexed). Both of these are fine enough. If they try to strand us on the wall or in the weaksauce hazard, our axe functions as a rather handy launch pole so we can Cassius 2 our way out :V

tl;dr: Keep in control, rack up strikes for aggression and potential late game catastrophic failures, they can't stop us from doing anything.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

Re: ROBOT4 FWS Week 2: Split Personality vs Heaven Jaws

Post by Mystic2000 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:10 pm

So.... there really isn't that much he can even do to me, like, okay he has drive about as good as mine and marginally better control, but his 5 weapon, even with repeated hits, won't really do jack shit to my 9 armor, he has no wedge at all where i have wedges and a lifting weapon... so he can't really push that effectively despite his 3 torque unless he manages to flank, which would be tough for him with my high speed and wide stance.

Considering this, just try to keep the front faced torwards him in case he tries to flank, and whenever you have a good line-up, just wedge him, lift his wheels off the ground and slam him into the wals, once we're at the wall, suplex him and rinse and repeat pretty much, obviously don't be an idiot and fall for any hasard bait or similar strats, but beyond that, there's really no need for some 200IQ big brain strats here.

GL HF