ROBOT4 Week 1: This Side Down vs Punctuation

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

ROBOT4 Week 1: This Side Down vs Punctuation

Post by Trihunter » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:06 pm

This Side Down!#%$?
ImageImage
Speed: 7Speed: 4
Traction: 6Traction: 3
Torque: 3Torque: 1
Weapon: 2Weapon: 14
Armour: 12Armour: 8
No wedgelets, please.

KISS. do the brick thing, box rush, spin em down and get them ass up ASAP. I'm skeptical of their ability to srimech within the purple hazard, so toss them in there. Or up on the walls, if we can Firestorm them up there or something. We have at least 8 hits under the system to get em over (assuming we're somehow stupid enough to let them get up to full speed 8 times), so we should be able to keep control with our far better drivetrain, keep tanking hits and leave them stuck against the wall, in the purple spinny thing, upside down or a combination of the above, resulting in a KO from failure to selfright or an easy JD.

tl;dr: Do brick things, keep them at a slow speed using ourselves, walls and the hazard, push for a KO via failure to self-right, or win on control/aggression.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

Re: ROBOT4 Week 1: This Side Down vs Punctuation

Post by Noisy » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:27 pm

Big immovable wedge v noisy rotary shell. Despite the stats not being in our favour with drive and weapon v armour (only +2 to us), repeated hits and design choices are our advantage. My choice to use a rotary engine for the shell means it's heavier, more powerful and most importantly has more torque than the same shell powered by a conventional electric motor. This means that it is harder to stop through both the added weight of the rotary parts attached to the shell and the combustion itself. This means that even though he'll try the typical brick manoeuvres and wedge us, I'll simply deflect away and lose only a fraction of the kinetic energy of an electric shell. It also means that I will get repeated hits against him that will wear his armour down. And if he tries to use the flipper, my srimech pole will just push me back over and I'll carry on spinning.

At the start, spin up and avoid TSD until were up to full speed. Then just keep it full throttle and run into him. It'll take 8 hits to destroy his wedge so just keep it up to speed, avoid the walls and hazards so he can't pin me. Run away if the shell slows down too much the reengage with him. GL