CBC4 MW Semi-Finals: Dragonfist vs. Pressure Flop II

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Rocket

CBC4 MW Semi-Finals: Dragonfist vs. Pressure Flop II

Post by Rocket » Sun May 24, 2020 3:12 pm

Dragonfist (Flail Meta Best Meta) (6-1) (holy shit how is one of my machines 6-1 in a major competition what is happening aaaaa)
Speed: 3 | Traction: 1 | Torque: 1 | Weapon: 16 | Armour: 9 | 4WD | Undercutting Shell Blades

Pressure Flop II (Flippity Floppity The Final Is Dragonfist's Property) (5-2)
Speed: 3 | Traction: 1 | Torque: 1 | Weapon: 17 (Hammer 15 / Turret 2) | Armour: 9 (+2 plough) | Shuffler | Shuffling hinged flat wedge

---
So Pressure Flop's going with the armoured configuration, which means he has a slow turret. I'm good at fighting with turrets, but I'm under no illusions that this is going to be an easy fight. A plan does form, however.

At the start, spin up while heading to the centre of the map. We're the same speed but I just want to stay away from the walls as much as I can. PF's almost certainly going to angle into the flails with the plough on the front, but even takes takes four damage - five if I manage to strike the vertical flat bit of the wedge. I'm not counting on that though. While PF can turn the turret quickly, I can still move forwards and backwards, and making him turn against the direction he wants to turn the turret will slow it down a little. Basically I want to keep hitting the wedge plate until it buckles or snaps. No messing around with hazards or anything else.

Even if Maxi gets in close and fires the hammer, he only deals 2 damage to almost all of my shell. Meanwhile, he's taking 4-damage hits and 4 shock damage from the flails. He can't angle the turret too much to deflect them, either - not if he wants to hit me. Almost his entire robot is mounted on that turret and if he turns it then he turns the hammer as well. So, the flails are either going to skip off the wedge and carry on unimpeded, or they ARE impeded... by his hammer mechanism. Which should result in his hit power dropping somewhat. If he continues to get in close, then he's taking a hit from my shell. A 5 damage hit to the wedge and we're both flung away, only this time his wedge is worse. When I'm bouncing away, keep the shell spun up and accept that I'll hit the wall - it's not like Maxi'll be in any position to capitalize on it.

Maxi's going to try and pull some driving tricks (as much as you can with a 3/1/1 drivetrain), so watch out for anything of the sort and try to keep my distance when not doing so would be deleterious. However, I also have to be careful about being herded into the walls, so if it looks like I'm getting too close to the arena sides and hazards that could stop me spinning, go forward myself and make him eat shell tooth. This just isn't a sustainable fight for Maxi, and we both know it, so getting in as many hits as I can is the order of the day.
---

This is already the furthest any of my bots has ever made it in any competition. I'm really pleased with Dragonfist's performance here, and I hope that it's going to continue. Possibly even all the way. =]

Good luck, Maxi, and have fun. =]
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: CBC4 MW Semi-Finals: Dragonfist vs. Pressure Flop II

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sun May 24, 2020 8:33 pm

DragonfistPressure Flop II
ImageImage
Speed: 3Speed: 3
Traction: 1Traction: 1
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 16Weapon: 17(15 Hammer / 2 Turret)
Armour: 9Armour: 9(+2 Plow)
Flail Meta Best MetaArmor Config

I'm less compact and heavier, thus noticeably bigger. With flails accounted for Dragonfist is XXL sized. I can't outrange the flails but the shell itself is easy to hit on the top with no teeth. The big round inefficient flails will probably hit the angled part of my plow, 4 damage in a non ideal hit is not that bad and knockback will be minimal for both. The shell can only hit low so the damage won't add up with the flails'. I also take 4 shock damage which isn't that bad too, the damage will go first to the turret and then to the drivetrain. The ring turret is going to jam up if broken instead of turning free, basically when shock damage hits in i will turn into a normal hammerbot instead of losing mobility. So i will keep my turret facing the front at all times unless specifically stated.
I deal 3 damage to the shell and flails themselves while dealing the max 5 shock damage and also 7 damage everywhere else if that happens. The shock damage will kick in after a few hits and will break either the spinner or drivetrain.

The arena is crammed so she has to be very careful as it is easy for her to hit a wall or a hazard and lose speed.
Start by driving forwards and putting myself between both triggers while watching her spin up. If she doesn't move then just go at her and never let her leave the crammed arena end.
If she comes at me wait for her to get closer and fire the hammer at the pit trigger. Watch her overreact and quickly turn around with drive AND turret to hit the MURDERSAW trigger for a free hit, there is a big chance of the saw catching the chain and pulling it down towards the rail, probably cutting it. If no big reaction then don't bother.

If none of that works engage in normal playstyle:
Approach carefully while turned a bit to take the flail hits from my front, towards the side of my plow. After a 2-4 no knockback hits she will lose speed and stability, then i will get closer if necessary and turn to face her body and fire at the top of the shell. A hit on the pole will break it and possibly bend the axle, a hit on the flail mount WILL break it, otherwise i deal good shock damage. She is likely to not be able to spin fully because arena clutter, hopefully i can get her to the even more crammed ends of the arena to magnify this.
If she loses part of drive it will be extremely easy for me to recoil her into the walls and never let her get any real speed. If she loses a flail keep my distance if she tries to spin and attack once she stops. If she loses both flails exploit my range to attack from safety.

Good Luck
Have Fun
It would be a real shame if i where to upset Dragonfist out of the competition again :V
For real tho, may the best bot and driver win.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53