Glacier vs No Fun Machine

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Glacier vs No Fun Machine

Post by Venice Queen » Fri May 08, 2020 4:41 pm

NFM: Speed: 3 / Traction: 1 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 16 / Armor: 9 - FLAILS

Glacier: 1 Speed // 1 Traction // 1 Torque // 16 Weapon // 11 Armour

yeah yeah whatever stats here's the juice: he's a ring spinner with no support around the majority of the ring - it's in contact with like, at max 1/3 of his body at any one point. stats or no stats, that's a structural weak point to be exploited. focus my attack there - I have 3 times his speed, that's more than enough to flank and position as I want. it'll be a glacial speed fight, but dear lord are we both slow.

if every single hit I deliver impacts him on that weak point of his shell, he'll die first to that shitass design choice.

the flails are there mostly to annoy him and slow his weapon somewhat by eating some hits while leaving my shell intact. when i inevitably lose one I'll start destabilizing a bit, and the single remaining flail will start, well, truly flailing about the place, giving increased chances of hitting over top of his shell and sniping a leg or two (which take double damage and are immediately eviscerated). with his absolutely abysmal drive, even the loss of one or two of his legs should start to prevent him from actually moving as far as he needs to to show controlled movement within the alloted time.

if both flails are gone and he's at full speed, run away. for the entire match. he ain't getting no catharsis out of killing me.

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Re: Glacier vs No Fun Machine

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat May 09, 2020 6:54 pm

Glacier III: 1/1/1/16/11 - shieldless configuration
vs
The No Fun Machine: 3/1/1/16/9 - flail configuration

I hate going with a stat-based argument. It kind of validates Gabe's thing about big spinners being boring and win/lose on load in. That said...
Spoiler
I know. I hate myself.
I win on stats. His flails do zero damage to my ring for two reasons:

1) I have fifteen weapon armour and they do fifteen damage.

2) They uh... have no heads. Nothing to focus their weight. On top of the weapon to weapon issue, his ability to deal any damage to my 11 armour chassis and legs is going to be about nil because physics exist. I guess that's not really a stat-based argument. It's a physics/engineering/common sense-based one. I feel a bit better now.

On top of this, he deals all of two shock damage, and ricochet shots aren't a huge issue against 11 armour because, again, basic physics kind of dictate that a ricochet is going to rob his flails of some of their already-dubious kinetic energy. They're not realistically going to be breaking 11 armour at that point.

Basically, since I have adjustable height, gauge his flail height at the start of the fight, match it, and spin up as I move out with extreme aggression. That might sound farfetched given my stats, but I have 3 units of speed vs his 5. This is a fight where I'm slower (because I'm always slower. I'm called 'Glacier', FFS), but the other guy ain't much faster and I can still show aggression. Do it.

Dish out hits. Keep spun up. Dish out more hits. Attempt to rip off a flail to destabilize him. He'll either coin when spinning up or not be able to spin up to full speed and realistically not be able to do any damage. His flails are extremely long on top of that, limiting his movement to...far from the walls and hazards and making him more predictable. Don't get baited into hazards (though I have more armour anyways) and keep after him with extreme aggression.

Good luck!
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!