Vexed! Round 4: Omicron32 and Clustername vs Trilobite 2 and Coulrogenesis

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hiicantpk

Vexed! Round 4: Omicron32 and Clustername vs Trilobite 2 and Coulrogenesis

Post by Hiicantpk » Mon May 04, 2020 8:00 pm

Omicron32ClusternameVSTrilobite 2Coulrogenesis
ImageImage|ImageImage
Speed: 7Speed: 7/8|Speed: 9Speed: 4
Traction: 6Traction: 6/7|Traction: 9Traction: 3
Torque: 2Torque: 1/5|Torque: 3Torque: 1
Weapon: 2Weapon: 7/0|Weapon: 0Weapon: 15
Armour: 11 (+1 Front of Plow/Lifter)Armour: 3/4|Armour: 9 (+2 Front Plate)Armour: 7
Note: Configs/Wedges shown in this table may not reflect the configs/wedges being used in the match.
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

Hooray For Lexan

Re: Vexed! Round 4: Omicron32 and Clustername vs Trilobite 2 and Coulrogenesis

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Fri May 08, 2020 10:04 pm

Assuming Omicron’s going plow, otherwise RIP to his wheels when I ride up that flat wedge.

Start upright – to make sure I can hit Vindicator, so my blade can hit the floor and knock me free if I’m wedged from behind, and to minimize the risk of it riding up Trilobite’s front.

If Clustername engages me it’ll probably be at the start, with a box rush. Go full speed sideways along my side of the box and curve out into the center. Once I’m spun up, Trilobite has a drivetrain advantage against any one bot on their team and I’m extremely dangerous for Clustername to attack so I’m guessing they’ll both go after Rocket and Omicron’s thicc plow will go after me.

Priority 1: Stay away from the walls/hazards and don’t get smothered – turn off weapon if bouncing or gyrodancing. Priority 2: Follow the non-Omicron32 bots around and be ready for Rocket to get an opening to feed me a minibot. If they try to feed her to me, turn the side opposite my spinner to them to avoid friendly fire: I’ll probably get wedged but as mentioned the blade should kick me away. If we can get one bot KO’d or crippled the fight becomes much, much easier and we probably win damage hard.

Meanwhile, play defense against Omicron, but in a way that threatens him as much as possible. mix between pointing the forks at him and driving straight at him and pointing the bar at him and circlestrafing to make it harder for him to ram me at high speed – but half the time when doing this, just use the weapon as bite and turn the forks into him anyway. I outwedge him and don’t have much guarding against monstertrucking, so a good ram could get him pretty far up those and raise his lifter enough that I can pivot and get under it, tear up his wheels and drive pods, and maybe even split him in half like Valkyrie vs Red Devil.

If I’m ever fighting 2+ bots, get in the middle of the box and just juke and spin as unpredictably as possible and take advantage of the fact that 2 sides of my robot are dangerous. They’re one mistake away from a dead minibot any time they mess with me.

GL HF

Rocket

Post by Rocket » Sat May 09, 2020 7:00 pm

Coulrogenesis is my team's wincon, and both sides know it. That means I have to ensure it can get up to speed and deliver those knockout blows. Omicron is purpose-built to deal with Coulrogenesis, with its big ABR wedge. However, Trilo is a hard-counter to Omicron. Trilo outspeeds and outwedges it quite comprehensively, and it has the control advantage to properly nullify the thing's minor torque advantage. That's why Trilo's going to be playing blocker again, and why the clusterbots are going to be trying to stop that.

I don't want to let up on Omicron at all. I want to wedge it into uselessness. That leaves the minibots to deal with Coulro and its instakilling spinner. They... kind of can't, not really. They don't have the speed to fully get around to side compared to Coulro's traction - if 9 speed and perfect control can't get to the back of a big spinner, 8/7 and 7/6 super can't. Additionally, Coulro's side-mounted undercutter and hinged fork wedge means the clusters only really have one direction of attack, and Coulro's more than capable of strafing around to block that off. So they need to make sure Coulro gets smothered by the ABR wedge, which means going after me. But here's the thing: I don't care about them. My goal is to nullify Omicron enough to get Coulro up to speed, then shepherd targets into the big speen speen. If they want to let Coulro spin up by going after me, well, I'm a-okay with that. If they want to try and get underneath me, that's fine too. I deal three ramming damage to Overmind if I plough into it and if Vindicator tries to get underneath me I can J-hook off the wedge fairly easily. My main focus is still on dealing with the big wedge though.

Once Coulro's spun up, it's a pretty much instant piece of destruction on Froggo's wheel pods. A few hits to one of those and the whole bot's torn in half. I have the control to perfectly feed an opponent into my teammate's spinner without taking a stray bit of friendly fire. Once Omicron's shredded, it's a question of herding the minibots into the whirling death vortex and letting them be shattered into their component atoms.
Good luck to both my opponents, and have fun. =]
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Post by attackfrog » Sat May 09, 2020 7:24 pm

I'm gonna put the plow on Omicron32 and use it to suppress Coulrogenesis mostly. It can strafe, but O32's significantly faster and has a very wide plow, so it's not going to get around the plow without help. If it uses the forks and gets under my plow with them, I'll press the lifter down to lift O32's front wheels off the ground and out of reach of the spinner. I think I can then just push in: the edge of my plow should catch on Crg's chassis and let me push it around 2WD. If that doesn't work I'll just back off and come back in. If it doesn't get underneath, I'll tank the weapon and follow up as Crg spins away from recoil to shove it into the wall or better, the hazards. I'll aggressively chase it around and stay on top of it so that it can't hurt my little buddies.

Hopefully Maxi can control Trilobite mostly, but in the case that it escapes and comes after me to give Crg time to spin up, I won't be easy push around due to O32's wide shape and high torque. While I fight against being controlled, Overmind should have time to spin up and smack Trilobite, potentially knocking it over but surely freeing me regardless. I can then get back to controlling Crg. Crg isn't fast enough to catch either of Clustername on its own, so I'm not worried about it getting any attacks in during this time.

GLHF yall.

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat May 09, 2020 7:45 pm

Coulrogenesis or however the fuck it's spelled, i will just say HFL from now on, is extremely dangerous to me so i will stay the fuck away from it. Thankfully i am much faster than it and my teammate can easily take good care of it, all i need to do is make sure Trilobite does not ruin Frog's day.
Trilobite is very fast and hard to keep under control machine, on the other hand i got it outnumbered 2 to 1.
Me and trilobite start at opposite corners and if Rocket rushes Omicron at the start there is nothing i can do to help. If that happens i will open the fight by playing with HFL without actually making any contact, Overmind will flank it while Vindicator keeps facing it from the front and force HFL to face one or the other of us. The one he is facing will move back a bit at any movement while the other one inches forwards. After a few seconds of this or as soon as Trilobite comes to this side or HFL puts me in a tricky situation i will run away and engage with Trilobite for the rest of the fight.

Anyways no mater what happens close to the beginning i attack the fast wedge, she is faster but i do have a strafing bot to help. If she is going somewhere that isn't literally me get in her way with both robots while facing her, strafing side to side will help intercepting. If she drives past vindicator it can easily turn and get to her side while she passes by.
She actually aims at me then i can force any engagement to be front to front. Overmind gets under and she gets flipped and leaves her vulnerable for a 2-3 seconds. Vindicator gets under and i will easily slam her against a wall far far away from HFL.
If she gets under any of my two bots she wont be nearly as fast while pushing, the other one can come from the side to flip or pin against a adjacent wall.
The idea is to keep her pinned and far away from HFL Omicron for the entire fight and just waste her time.
Also note that if i have her pinned in an OOTA corner Overmind can come in and get her OOTA, the other hazards are kinda useless.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53