Bot v Death Or Glory (RitJ L1)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

Bot v Death Or Glory (RitJ L1)

Post by Noisy » Sat May 02, 2020 1:44 pm

Bot - Alt Config -

Speed: 11 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 4(3 melty / 3 flipper) /Armor: 8

----

Death Or Glory -

Speed: 4 / Traction: 2 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 15 / Armour: 8

----

I'm faster when he meltys and he will have no control when he isn't meltying so he won't be able to line up his flipper effectively and I'll be able to line up hits with my VS easier when he spins. I also have mecanums so I can keep the disc facing him and stop him reaching around and hitting my sides or rear. I also have the wedge advantage as he is using a large single wedge with no teeth so my two narrower wedges will get under his easier.

At the start, spin up and see waht he does. If he spins, line up the shot and time it so I charge in just after his hammer has come around so I get a good uppercut on the body, following it up with repeated hits to stop him reaching back up to speed and doing enough damage to immobilise him. If he uses the flipper, I suspect he'll try the box rush so strafe out the way as soon as possible. Turn and get a hit in asap. Chain hits together so he can't recover or go into melty mode. I can self right if I hit the floor with my disc going fast enough to rebound me back over if he does flip me. Avoid the hazards.

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: Bot v Death Or Glory (RitJ L1)

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat May 02, 2020 11:04 pm

I got 14 armor on the spiny parts so i don't actually get rekt if i get hit, at least while doing the melty thing.
He's got 8 armor, a hit somewhere that isn't the weapon can deal some damage, multiple of them will. Hitting past the wedgelets may also give corner damage and probably going to damage the compact yet complex (read fragile) drivetrain. Even if i don't hit a drive component any damage on the chasis is going to break something important as that thing has to be very compact on the internals.
I will try to get to his side or behind him while driving at 8 speed, the gyro will make it very hard for him to turn. He can counter this by strafing, but at a 10 v 6 speed difference should let me outpace him enough to do it anyways if we don't run into a wall. If we do get to a wall go for the other direction, i will have enough space to do it unless he corners himself.
If he corners himself just engage melty mode and try to hit the wedgelets or at least the side of his spinner, keeping him in the corner should give me points for a JD and i can tank hits for long enough.
If i do get to his side engage in melty mode with that effectively instant spinup, just make sure that i spin in the direction that lets me hit him from the back instead hitting his weapon like an idiot.
Repeat this for the entire fight, eventually the hits on the weaker parts will add up or keeping him in the corner while tanking hits for 3 minutes will give me an 8-7 decision or something idk.
GL HF
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53