Vexed! Round 3: Molten and Caffeine Machine vs Blue Max II and Vortex

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hiicantpk

Vexed! Round 3: Molten and Caffeine Machine vs Blue Max II and Vortex

Post by Hiicantpk » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:01 pm

MoltenCaffeine MachineVSBlue Max IIVortex
ImageImage|ImageImage
Speed: 4Speed: 7|Speed: 3Speed: 5
Traction: 2Traction: 6|Traction: 2Traction: 5
Torque: 1Torque: 4|Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 16Weapon: 0|Weapon: 16Weapon: 14
Armour: 7Armour: 13|Armour: 8Armour: 5 (+1 Drum)
Note: Configs/Wedges shown in this table may not reflect the configs/wedges being used in the match.
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

British-Robotics

Re: Vexed! Round 3: Molten and Caffeine Machine vs Blue Max II and Vortex

Post by British-Robotics » Sat May 02, 2020 4:51 am

Spin up the weapon and get near to Caffine Machine to protect me whilst I'm up to speed, target Vortex since he is the weakest of the two that we face armour wise. Avoid hitting Blue Max unless his weapon is completely stopped or slowed.

GL and may the best robot win.

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat May 02, 2020 12:45 pm

Their play's obvious: Molten on the lightly-armoured Vortex, CF tanking me. This supposedly 2v2 fight is just going to devolve into another pair of 1v1s like everything else so far.

Yeah, not gonna let that happen.

Initially, we'll give them the matchups they probably want. Vortex is faster than Molten, has much better control, and can strafe. As soon as they've accepted their 1v1s, however, Vortex is going to make a beeline for CF and smack it out of the way while it's dealing with me, freeing me up to go after Molten. One of two things can happen:

1) I go weapon to weapon against Molten and I have the advantage. I deal at least 5 damage to his zero-clearance shell (and 4.5 shock), badly warping it with every hit. If I catch those big juicy tooth mountings that are at the perfect angle for an x-axis spinner, I deal 6 damage instead and probably tear them off. Vortex should've recovered and spun back up from hitting CF by then and it'll be ready to follow-up on a slowed or destabilized Molten, flipping, chaining, and mauling it. One hit to the underside or to the srimech pole while its inverted, and Molten's finished.

2) Molten runs to buy time. In that case, Vortex engages CF (it's only slightly slower, can't be high-centered, and has both better control and strafing to defeat angle-in attempts). Vortex flips and chains it all match long. Meanwhile, I chase Molten. It has only a marginal (6-5) speed advantage, and I have better control. Unless this is a nonstop straightline race, he's never getting too far ahead of me. Death is coming for him.

Even if I end up having to deal with CF a bunch, his design gives me quite a bit to grab and fling and hit for corner damage (like the gaps between the wedges and those anti-monstertrucking teeth), and deflections aren't going to carry me up his wedge like they would for a vert. They'll send me off to the side at an angle. Let's take advantage of my weird shape and colossal clearance: let him have my side, then turn in as he pushes me to bring my blade into his side. There are lots of yummy hard angles and wheels that I can destroy or jam guards into. Be awkward and squirmy. I do that very well.

Good luck!
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

Post by Noisy » Sat May 02, 2020 1:56 pm

Basically what Monsterworks said. I'm going to pretend to go after Molten before charging for CM. Strafe so I aim at Molten but keep and angle open to charge at CM. I have the wedge advantage so chain hits together to keep him occupied while BM damages Molten. Once Molten is weakened, go in for the killing blow. He has no skirts so I'll wedge him easily and after i've flipped him, aim for the chimney so he can't self right. or the base to immobilise him, whichever is facing me. Then go after CM to flip him over again and help BM finish him off.

CodeSilver23

Post by CodeSilver23 » Sat May 02, 2020 4:28 pm

Start off as a bodyguard and let Molten get up to speed. If Blue Maxx hits me, it's literally gonna shoot off in a random direction (and hopefully into Vortex) so I'm not worried about taking a barrage of attacks from that one. I'm more worried about Vortex. If that gets to my side, it can potentially rip off my side armor and get to my wheels. So I gotta make sure I keep my front lined up to it when it gets too close for comfort. That way, If it gets under my wedges, the impacts should be popping just my wedges up and not my entire robot. With a powerful drum like Vortex, there's gonna be some gyro. Those sides lifting up will be my opportunity to get under him and slam him into stuff. As for Blue Maxx, don't let him get behind me. Let him hit my wedge and have physics take him for a ride.

Good luck everyone!
Team 2nd Place
Rookie comin' to get yo cookie
REDDIT: Super Soldier (0-3)
ROBOT3: Electron (0-7)
Vexed!: Caffeine Machine (1-0)
Ayyy! got my first ever win this year!