CBC4 MW Round 7: Magnolia Grande vs V-Trigger

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

CBC4 MW Round 7: Magnolia Grande vs V-Trigger

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:09 pm

MG: 4/2/1/16/7
VT: 5/3/1/14/7

I'm an undercutter vs a vert with a high-mounted disc and a large, lightly-armoured front wedge. I also win handily weapon to weapon. I could write 395 words or whatever or I could just say this:

Spin up, move out, and hit him. Pay attention to angles to try to sent him towards walls and those corner hazards and avoid them myself. He has neither the control nor speed to get around my weapon or smother me in any appreciable way, and he takes 9 damage anywhere but his spinner, where he takes 5 or 6 if it's a corner hit.

Defensively, just keep the damned blade facing him. If I get flipped, use a weapon-torque aided turn to swing around quickly and put my weapon between me and him.

Good luck
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

British-Robotics

Re: CBC4 MW Round 7: Magnolia Grande vs V-Trigger

Post by British-Robotics » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:30 pm

V-Trigger has the slight speed and traction advantage in this match so should enable me to angle Grande, the majjor weakspots are his wheels and my weapon is strong enough to ponteilly rip them off the axles or drive motors. I want to get some space as I get near Grande and try to reach behind him.

Be agressive and attmeept to hit Grande in hope to damage it to leave him to be immobile.

Good luck and may the better robot win. :)