Rumble In Da Jungle - Phantom v Death or Glory

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

Rumble In Da Jungle - Phantom v Death or Glory

Post by Noisy » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:59 pm

Phantom -
Phantom by superbomb122 on Sketchfab

Speed: 6
Traction: 4
Torque: 2
Weapon: 10
Armor: 8

----
Death or Glory -

Speed: 4 / Traction: 2 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 15 / Armour: 8

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

Re: Rumble In Da Jungle - Phantom v Death or Glory

Post by Noisy » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:13 pm

My huge weapon will do 7 damage on contact with him and the size of it means I don't need to worry about wedging him. I have mecanums so I can keep my weapon pointed at him and with them being inline with my weapons axle, I will have minimal gyro effect when turning with the weapon at full speed. Wedges are also hinged to stop him getting underneath me.

At the start, spin up to full speed and keep the disc pointed towards him. I can hit his centre drum mount without worry about being wedged so aim for that. In failing so, a hit on his drum will still fling him upwards so follow up with another attack quickly. Keep the disc up to speed and follow up attacks until he immobile.

Superbomb122

Re: Rumble In Da Jungle - Phantom v Death or Glory

Post by Superbomb122 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:48 pm

Alright, so Death or Glory can absolutely kill me in one hit, but that requires him getting that hit he needs. I outmaneuver him handily, helped by the massive amount of gyro he’ll be dealing with whenever he tries to turn. He’s going to have to choose between KO power and actually hitting me.

Start the match by moving in a wide arc around the curved side of the arena toward Death or Glory. Maneuver to his side, making sure to actually be behind or to the side of his bot before coming in for an actual attack. Once I’m in the right place, turn and charge. One of 2 things will happen: I get a hit on his side or he tries to turn. If he turns quickly at full speed, he’s going to flip the dang thing and <insert Wrecks fight here>. If he slows the weapon, I’ll happily take a head-to-head to deal damage to his wedges. He’d do very little damage to my drum, maybe taking out one of my three belts.

Opt for regular angling if Noisy gets wise and starts strafing to meet me. Keep outwedging and dealing chip damage/letting him smack his weapon on the floor until something breaks.

Not even going to bother trying to put him into hazards here. He’s too unstable to actually control into the house bot. I am staying away from the house bot and skylight, however. I can’t let my biggest strength (drivetrain) get taken from me for any amount of time.

Worst comes to worst, summon Omen to weaken Death or Glory’s armor so I can OHKO/

TL;DR: Flank to exploit gyro, tank hits with the drum, grind my way to a KO.

GLHF Noisy. May the better vert win.
Team ETHER 12-11
REDDIT: 3-2
CBC: 9-9