Cherry Bomb Classic 4 LW Round 5: National Security vs Dr. Robotnik

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Superbomb122

Cherry Bomb Classic 4 LW Round 5: National Security vs Dr. Robotnik

Post by Superbomb122 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:41 pm

NS: 16/1/1/1/11
Robotnik: 5/3/1/14/7

I have the stat advantage here (16 damage vs 11 armor on the disc, 7 on the chassis = kill), but I can’t take this lightly. Dr. Robotnik, despite the stats, is still driven by one of the best on ARC. Don’t think I expect no trickery.

Start the match by spinning up and getting into the main area to have as much breathing room as possible. If he’s in the usual undercutter mode, everything is fine, and any hit I deal to win will cripple, if not KO, Robotnik. However, If he goes overcutter, things get tricky. Still take the usual approach of ‘go for the kill’ and hope his bot doesn’t escape a weapon-to-weapon hit. If the disc just goes over my teeth, then I’m taking a bit of a hit with 3 corner damage. However:

When Robotnik’s inverted, his disc spins with my teeth (and body), not against it, lessening the impact I would take. Meanwhile, his bot’s chassis stays somewhat still. This means his disc kind of skips away, allowing the chassis to be fed into my teeth for a KO.

This also negates any Tombstone baits or other tricks he might try, as no matter what, he has to absorb at least one 16-power hit. Even if he tries to push, National Security has enough power to deflect him to some degree. Still, watch for anything really out there and force him back into a simpler pattern of ‘hit him hard’ by backing away for a bit. If we go directly weapon-to-weapon, I win every time.

TL;DR- The future is now, Spin2win

GLHF
Team ETHER 12-11
REDDIT: 3-2
CBC: 9-9

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Re: Cherry Bomb Classic 4 LW Round 5: National Security vs Dr. Robotnik

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:09 pm

-A melty, eh? Well the order of the day will be erring on the side of caution and just focus primarily on keeping the disc pointed at him.

-Depending on how aggressively he tries to come after me, I'd like to at least position myself so impact recoil doesn't send me directly into hazards/house bots. Best case scenario is that I might be able to set things up so that he has the high chance of getting recoiled into hazard hell instead.

-If I can get a chance to attack him when he isn't spinning that would be fantastic, but I just want to make sure I don't take unneeded risks.

-A good backup plan will be to possible hide around a corner and try to get him that way. Basically this all comes down to trying to use the arena to my advantage whenever I possibly can.

Good Luck!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.