Idiot Triangle vs. Beaned (ROBOT3 Week 7 FW)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

Idiot Triangle vs. Beaned (ROBOT3 Week 7 FW)

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:40 pm

STATS:

Idiot Triangle:
Speed: 16
Traction: 1 (+5 spinup)
Torque: 1
Weapon: 2
Armor: 10 (+2 teeth)

Beaned: GO LOOK AT THE SIGNUP POST I CANT COPYPASTE THAT DAMN TABLE

CONFIGS: Lol no.

STRATEGY:

Spin up clockwise. If Brick goes after me itself just move out, if he pulls a Safe Space and has Coso use it as a battering ram then back into the wall to my right after ~1s and pinball to freedom.

Other than that, spin up and stay away from the walls, and strafe and veer in and out unpredictably when BRICK approaches. He’s got three bots but he’s basically fighting with one. BRICK has a relatively slow drivetrain for a control bot and not the greatest traction. Combined with the steepness of his wedge meaning hits will pop me up less and knock him back more and the fact that I’m literally 3x his weight, hits are going to pinball me around a bit less, and absolutely FLING him around the arena, making it very hard for him to smother me.

Note also that BRICK is physically tiny even compared to the other 10 lb bots. In absolute terms that plow isn’t actually very wide, which means I don’t have to strafe that far to catch an edge, which I can do because of how short the plow is on the front/back axis and the hooked shape of my teeth. Edge hits could very quickly fuck up his plow, and he’ll be taking 5-point shock damage too. He can’t spread the hits out between multiple bots, so he might not last the 3 minutes. If BRICK’s Koed chase the others and enjoy my 5-0 damage + being the aggressor for the rest of the fight. If it’s crippled try to finish it off instead of wasting time chasing bots 2+ times my speed.

The other two? Pretty much have to try not to get hit. Having one try to knock me into the others won’t work well because Mini Something and COSO are so flimsy that even at half speed I can splatter MS and severely damage COSO (pontoons could take corner damage). Not to mention that if I pinball around that’s because some of my rotary KE has become translational KE, so even if I’m not spinning that fast I’m dangerous. I could easily kill one by just bouncing into it. If he pulls a Safe Space: Brick’s too small to provide much protection, shock damage could still kill MS, and Brick’ll be flung out of his clamp every time.

Spin2win etc.

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: Idiot Triangle vs. Beaned (ROBOT3 Week 7 FW)

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:59 pm

Yeah boy, i can take this fight home and make the playoffs ranked 3rd :V

Quick overview:
My bots range from being 2 to 4 times faster.
Brick takes 4 damage on the plow when Idiot Triangle is at full speed, everything else that can be hit on is in trouble big time if it takes a full power hit.
His 8 armor chasis shouldn't be to hard for COSO to cut through

Once the fight starts BRICK will rush and immediately after Mini Something will come up from behind it and push it for faster speed, but it is going to raise the weapon a little as i just want to push it, not get under. This is because i want to get there before IT is able to move (it needs to spin up first) and get away from the walls. Once i get there i just want to ram BRICK's wedge into the spinner, Mini Something should survive this as it isn't taking a direct hit and the remaining force will cause it to slide back.
After the initial hit continue with the same tactic to slow him down. Even if his spinup is fast each hit will deflect him upwards and he needs to land before spinning up again, giving me more time to stuff him. Bonus points if i make him crash into a wall.
After a few more hits and things are sorta under control Mini Something will disengage and BRICK will continue with its thing. Then i will try my hardest to make IT land on Mini Something's wedge after a hit so i can grab it immediately. Remember that most of his energy will be inflicted on contact with BRICK and he can't spin again until he is on the floor, meaning that i should survive the hit, and even if i get damage i don't need a fully functional bot for the next part.
Once Mini Something grabs down on that convenient hole on the triangle my opponent wont really be able to spin and COSO will come and start cutting, a wheels would be nice but cutting straight through the chasis also work as i WILL cut some important internal component. After either case i basically win.

If Something pushing BRICK high centers it try using Something's flat side and push strafing, but only after the first hit.
Don't do mistakes, be aggressive, pray, GL engineer guy.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53