CBC3 SHW Week 12: Starfish Prime vs. Maurdread

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

CBC3 SHW Week 12: Starfish Prime vs. Maurdread

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:10 am

Starfish PrimeMaurdread
Speed: 4Speed: 5
Traction: 3Traction: 3
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 15Weapon: 14 (1 srimech)
Armour: 7Armour: 7

Symmetrical bar please.

Start upright (undercutter). Spin up, move out of the U-shaped starting boxes. Move towards him menacingly, and try to hit his wedge to the sides of his drum.

Mystic’s made his feeder wedge a really bad shape for fighting undercutters with. It’s high enough that I can hit the wedge instead of his sturdier drum, and on the sides it transitions to a REALLY steep angle that isn’t much better than vertical. The wedge also isn’t really that durable: I can cleave the thing open quite easily, and after a couple attacks he basically won’t have a wedge to deflect my blade up into his drum, and I’ll be chewing on his chassis with near impunity.

Don’t be a moron: position myself so that if I do get launched I won’t go right towards Stalin’s Sickle or the Gulag. This arena is eighty feet wide, I have a good amount of room to maneuver. If I get tossed in the air immediately turn the weapon off because a floor impact is likely, and don’t turn it back on until the bot’s actually stable. Retreat in reverse with the weapon pointed at him since he’ll likely try to chain hits: blocking his attack with a half-speed blade is better than nothing.

If I’m overturned, see if I can sideswipe the drum. A solid hit could send him gyrodancing onto his back and give me a chance to follow up. If he keeps trying to turn into my spin direction, make a reversing turn in the same direction (I.e. clockwise to clockwise) and move forward to try to hit the side he inadvertently exposes. If nothing else, weapon-to-weapon's 4-2 my favor since his srimech clutch takes a point from the drum. That plus 4-point shock damage means I should eventually be able to break something important.

Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

Re: CBC3 SHW Week 12: Starfish Prime vs. Maurdread

Post by Mystic2000 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:59 pm

welp, hi undercutter boi, thankfully, i don't have like feeder wedgelets for him to bend or anything, i just have a wedged lip, so all we have to do is keep him away from the edges of our plow, just make sure we hit each other head-on, weapon to weapon, and see if we can outlive him or at the very least prevent him from doing significant damage, our drum at least should be resistant to attacks, and we don't have lots of places where he can get a good bite on us from a frontal attack, so just keep facing straight at him, go for weapon on weapon collisions, and just hope for the best