CBC SHW Week 8: TAT vs Black Mamba

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Mole55

CBC SHW Week 8: TAT vs Black Mamba

Post by Mole55 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:34 pm

Pray.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Re: CBC SHW Week 8: TAT vs Black Mamba

Post by GF93 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:04 pm

______
STAT COMPARISON
TAT
Speed: 6
Traction: 5
Torque: 1
Weapon: 12 (Vertical Spinning Drum)
Armour: 6

Black Mamba
Speed: 6
Traction: 5
Torque: 4
Weapon: 4 (Electric Lifting Arm with Rack-and-Pinion Stabiliser Forks)
Armour: 11
______
Decent-looking vertical drum with a hinge wedge and relatively fast 4WD. However, the attack power is low enough to the point where it'll be doing little damage for its type, the wedge is narrow and susceptible to being angled-in – especially with gyroing and the lower manoeuvrability/acceleration factored in – and the framework is both blocky enough to hang him up on the wall, and has lots of gaps along the sides for me to slot my spikes into and carry him around with.

Thus, the ideal approach here should be to neutralise the wedge/weapon first, then fight more aggressively from there. Move out quickly, press down the lifter, and attack from the sides/corners and ideally away from the hinged wedge. Force him back, lift him over, and get shoving from there; but watch for any sudden movements or attempts to monster-truck. React and move with him accordingly to stop him gaining any purchase, and don’t raise the lifter unless I'm definitely underneath.

From there, be relentless and keep pressing the advantage; keep him upside-down and herded near the walls/corners to stop him from escaping/manoeuvring, lift him onto his side against the walls to wear down the clock, and force his drum into the walls/ground to stop it and potentially cause himself damage as necessary. If I can pin him or slow/stop the drum long enough, spear him through the gaps in his wheel guards with my lifter's spikes, lift him up high (about 45-60 degrees or so; my forks will stop me tipping over easily!), and carry him round the ring for the crowd. If I have enough purchase, finish him by taking him to the corner and lifting him just over the short wall, then reverse and lower the arm slightly to dump him out of the arena. Failing that, I can also prop him up onto his side and then hoist him over from there; so whichever way comes first, score that OOTA!

Defence is mostly the aggressive kind; keep moving and on the attack, the front facing him, cutting off any escape routes and limiting his movement to near the walls/corners. Keep my spikes well-protected; avoid approaching the drum head-on when possible, press down whenever I have to get under from near the front, and avoid raising the lifter unless I’m definitely under. If I must self-right, escape first to avoid getting comboed.

Good luck!