CBC HW Week 6: Something Something Cluster Bot vs. Tabor Mk. 3: Somehow There's A Third One

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Rocket

CBC HW Week 6: Something Something Cluster Bot vs. Tabor Mk. 3: Somehow There's A Third One

Post by Rocket » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:30 pm

Something Something Cluster BotTabor Mk. 3: Somehow There's A Third One
ImageImage
Speed: 9Speed: 6
Traction: 8Traction: 4
Torque: 3Torque: 3
Weapon: 3 (2 front lifter / 2 clamp / 2 rear lifter)Weapon: 7 (5 turret / 5 lifter)
Armour: 1Armour: 10 (+2 lifter)

This match is a bastard for Tabor. Clusterbots always are, and these two have been very well-driven so far. On the plus side, we're in one of the many, many arenas in this competition that's absolutely stuffed with hazards. The plan is therefore as follows.

We can safely assume that YS is going to try and flank me with one whilst trying to draw my turret's attention with the other. This is why I went with the spatula tip - it's the longest one I've got. When he's coming at me, I can counterpunch and get under him for a lift - and if his forks get under me and start trying to clamp, I can just lift him anyway. After that, it's time to use it to clobber the other one that's almost certainly got round the back or sides and is now trying to lift/drag me. Normally this wouldn't work on anything, but when they've got a chassis armour of 1 who knows what's gonna happen, and besides, it's all aggression points.

I need to make sure I can get damage points too, so when the battle starts I'm going to try and make for the big spinning sickle thing in the middle of the floor. Lifting one of them into the path of that a few times should total it, and I can soak up the damage from it really well in case I get shoved into its path. I need to concentrate on one of them, take it out, and then deal with the other one. Keep the beak of the spatula wedge pointed at the relevant target at all times, and try to get under it or force it to run away. It can outrun me, but it can't outrun the turret, and unless YS wants a negative score for aggression then it'll have to attack somehow, and that's when I counterpunch and hopefully get underneath him. Once there's only one, I feel way more comfortable about dumping them in the pit; I don't want to try that while there's two of them, since that's just asking for the other one to try and throw me out as well.

Good luck, YS, and have fun. =]
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: CBC HW Week 6: Something Something Cluster Bot vs. Tabor Mk. 3: Somehow There's A Third One

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:47 pm

OK so i got going for me the mecanums and da speedz x2, while she has the turret and the ability to stay alive for a prolonged period.
If one of my bots rides up her wedge thing use my powerful drive train and my lifters to back off, J-hook or whatever to get off.
The plan is simple, be careful about the hazards, split up with each Something circlestrafing to Tabor's opposite sides, her turret can't face 2 sides at the same time and my lifter(s) can get under her hinged wedgelets (i even can press at the last moment if necessary).

Once under her sides clamp down but do not lift over an inch or so, i feel like if i hold Tabor on the air it will have an easier time using it's turret to escape. Clamping from 2 different sides if posible, preferably not from her actual lifter plow.

Avoid the sickle spinner thingy as much as posible, but pushing Tabor into the hammers is part of the plan. The pit thing is on the menu too, it will be tricky to get her over the wall but it should be possible specially with 2 bots, heck having one of my bots go over the wall with Tabor is a valid move.
Also if the turret doesn't prove to be a damaging threat i will add to my move set pinning, giving me aggression and control points and, more importantly, making time (more time wasted = less opportunities for shit to break).

Avoid dumb driving mistakes, avoid getting hit by hazards too, stay aggressive and don't stop moving(except maybe while pinning), kek at the Omni Directional Assault Spatula, GL HF, Survive
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53