CBC3 SHW Week 6: Hartmann's Youkai Bot II vs Cruelty

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

CBC3 SHW Week 6: Hartmann's Youkai Bot II vs Cruelty

Post by Trihunter » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:41 pm

Hartmann's Youkai Bot IICruelty
ImageImage
Speed: 4Speed: 8
Traction: 2Traction: 7
Torque: 1Torque: 4
Weapon: 16Weapon: 1
Armour: 7Armour: 10 (+2 ram)
2TD declared for HYB, Frog declared Duck ram for Cruelty.

A very important note: HYB deals 4 damage, plus 4 shock damage to Cruelty's chassis, even if it strikes the ram. Cruelty's going to get significantly worn down in any attempt they make to stop or kill this blade.

We'll begin the match face-down, in undercutter mode. Pull out of our corner a bit at the start of the match, whilst spinning up, then twist to keep the blade facing Cruelty. Once we're rolling, approach so the bots aren't too far apart, though not going in for a killshot (unless they've got themselves stuck on something, like the sickles. KEEP THE BLADE SPINNING AND FACING THEM AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. Take it slow, pivot in place if need be; we can't let them get around us. If they get too close on a flanking attempt, advance and smack them to toss them away, before getting back up to speed. Go for chassis killshots if the opportunity rises, though if it hits the plow it's not the end of the world. Ideally we'll keep to the open areas of the ring, close enough to hazards that flank attempts near them are tough, though not so close that we're at risk of injuring ourselves on them. Try to get in hits where we can, though still prioritize defensive play. The only thing that plow will get anywhere close to is our weapon. If Cruelty's starting to wear down from its pummelling, we can play a bit more aggressively, pressuring a bit more for killshots. Maybe see if we can punt them into the Gulag, for style points.

Overall, keep the blade spinning and facing them as much as possible, using its raw power as our defense. Watch for any jank and react accordingly, and try not to get the blade stuffed in the wall or hazards.

Best of luck to the opposition.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: CBC3 SHW Week 6: Hartmann's Youkai Bot II vs Cruelty

Post by attackfrog » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:58 pm

Cruelty's using its Whoops-clone ram, HYB is using its two-toothed disk according to Trihunter.

It's time to test Cruelty's anti-spinner capabilities. I'm going for the classic "break their fist with my face" maneuver, and to do so I've stacked most of my armor into a thick plow that's just tall enough and wide enough to protect the front of my robot (and my wheels.) This would have more of an effect if the armor stat didn't decide everything but... that's the idea anyway. With 12 armor against 16 weapon I won't last forever, but that's fine if I just last longer than HYB.

It's a big arena and the starting squares are separated by a box, so I have no illusions about trying to box rush. Instead, I'll just come in cautiously and controlled. I want to tank the inevitable hit safely on my plow and ricochet HYB into a hazard. HYB's got crap for traction and Cruelty has good traction and four wheels, so HYB will go flying and Cruelty should not, much. This will be my chance to charge in and smother HYB. If I can get behind it (which is likely enough) I'll do that. I likely won't be able to stop it from spinning up entirely, but I'll be pushing it towards a hazard at the same time.

The sickle is my best helper here, as it does the most damage. I'll shove HYB into it if I can, and if I can't I'll try to trap HYB under one of the hammers for a bit. The sickle knocks robots away, so I'll have to chase after HYB again without getting hit myself.

In summary, I'll carefully tank the hits I have to tank with my ram and spend the rest of the time shoving HYB into hazards (or the wall if I can get a good hard slam.) I'll keep my plow low but not scraping the ground, for maximum speed. I've got the speed and control to flank, so I'll go for that when I have a good opportunity to. If HYB is upside down for some reason that shouldn't change anything about what I do.

GL Trihunter!