CBC LW Week 5 - Eudial vs. Tidal Wave

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

CBC LW Week 5 - Eudial vs. Tidal Wave

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:40 am

EudialTidal Wave
ImageImage
Speed: 4Speed: 5
Traction: 3Traction: 4
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 15Weapon: 14
Armour: 7 (+1 bar)Armour: 6
----

Yay! One of my favourite bots. Well, time to waste it. Hopefully. :V

First off, we're in Gothiq. That means overhead hazards. Which is just great. Take care to avoid those, and/or avoid smacking myself away into them. Good thing there's no house robots this time.

Second... yeah. I definitely have to avoid being flipped by Tidal Wave's weapon. There's a couple of things going in my favour regarding that, though.
  • I have 5 points of weapon over his weapon armour. Granted, he has 4 weapon over my weapon armour, but I still hold the advantage. He's not killing my weapon before I kill his. Given corner damage, I should have the potential to destroy his drum in one hit.
  • His weapon's really not that wide, and mine being a 360 one is, so if we go weapon-to-weapon, I should be able to catch the side of his drum with relative ease. His shields don't reach far enough to prevent me from doing that.
  • My weapon hits LOOOOOW at the front. To even have a proper chance to tipping me over, he has to strike the underside of my blade. With the angle and lowness of Eudial's blade front-wise, he's not doing that.
  • He's not much faster or traction-y than me, so he would really have to work to catch up to me if an initial hit doesn't kill his weapon.
  • Even shock damage goes in my favour, but I have to be careful not to be flipped by my own stupid power. :V
So yeah. Basic tactics here. Stay in the middle of the arena, try and keep Tidal Wave out of it, try to knock his drum out by hitting the side of the drum or just go for weapon-to-weapon if I can't, and avoid hazards. If I can, get a free hit on his stabilizing feet but make sure not to get hit in turn.

Don't let him get around me to get a better shot at knocking me over. If he spins his drum down for whatever reason, he's prob going to try and knock my blade into the floor so go at him with the rear in this case and attack the high support he has flanking the drum. :V

Good luck and may the best robot win.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Hiicantpk

Re: CBC LW Week 5 - Eudial vs. Tidal Wave

Post by Hiicantpk » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:48 pm

Shields on

So I have no idea whos wedgelets will win out in this fight, my 2wd static vs their hinged 2wd, but either way its not gonna make a huge difference, The wedgelets don't matter when one of our bots are dead.

Fuck the hazards, avoid em. Just spin up and rush at Eudial as fast as I can. The first hit is either gonna destroy my weapon supports or their bar/ICE? engine, so its gonna be a bit of a coinflip. Both weapons have the same weapon armour and both bots are gonna take a fuckton of shock damage from each hit. All I can hope is the initial hit does some damage to Eudial's wheels. The signup post says they're closer to the front so who knows while my wheels are way at the back of the bot.

If somehow one of the bots isn't dead after the first hit or two, Keep at him with my slight speed advantage. If both weapons are disabled, I (probably) have the better wedge so i guess push around into the hazards only then?

GL
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57