CBC3 MW Week 5: Jawsome vs Psychosis

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Nighthawk87

CBC3 MW Week 5: Jawsome vs Psychosis

Post by Nighthawk87 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:08 pm

Jawsome (Prong Chassis)
Speed: 5 Traction: 4 Torque: 4 Weapon: 5 Armor: 12

Psychosis
Speed: 6 Traction: 5 Torque: 1 Weapon: 14 (12 spinner/2 lifter) Armor: 4

Oh Mr. Organist if you would be so kind...

Psychosis might have the higher speed, but he'll pretty much be outwedged by Jawsome's prongs in a pushing fight, and I'm pretty sure he won't be using his spinner since Jawsome can more than easily tank those hits. We know he won't last very long after a couple of good shots from the hazards, so we'll drive him to the organ spikes whenever we get a good grip on him and keep the spike spot between the gaps in our prongs so we don't accidentally mess ourselves up. If it looks like he can't move much, we'll bring him over to the gargoyles so they can both finish the job and even him out so the top armor matches the bottom.

So to quickly summarize: stay aggressive and bring the fight to Psychosis (but not be reckless about it), and use control to bring him towards the hazards so they can damage him.

May the best bot win attackfrog!
Nighthawk Robotics

REDDIT
Tick Tock 2-4

Cherry Bomb Classic 3
Jawsome 1-5
Long Arm of the Law 4-3

REDDIT 2
Sherman 3-2

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
Long Arm of the Law 2-3

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: CBC3 MW Week 5: Jawsome vs Psychosis

Post by attackfrog » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:57 am

Jawsome has the same amount of armor as my spinner has weapon? Fuck. Psychosis clearly defines my mental state when I designed this thing. Presumably it's using its forks, not its dustpan, but my track record at guessing people's configs has not been good. Sigh.

On the plus side, Psychosis is faster than Jawsome, and Jawsome, despite being a shark, doesn't have a weapon that can damage its mighty 4 armor.

I'll try using my faster speed and marginally better control due to my 4WD drivetrain to get around Jawsome and try to get the forks of my plow under its side or something so I can lift it up a bit and show my dominance. Ooh, so powerful. If that's going well, I'll keep at it for most of the match. If it's not, I'll lift up my weapon and spin it up to give Jawsome some whacks. They may not do any damage but they'll look impressive. Probably.

Jawsome's going to be trying to dustpan and clamp me, so I'll do my best not to get eaten. If I do, I'll try to escape before I'm pushed into the hazards or whatever. My lifter might help me do this.

Overall my strategy's going to be float like a butterfly, sting like a... butterfly. At least I'll look good while I'm doing it?

Good luck Nighthawk!