CBC MW Week 5: Dragonfist vs. Scion

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Rocket

CBC MW Week 5: Dragonfist vs. Scion

Post by Rocket » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:29 am

Dragonfist (4WD shell spinner/flail combo)
Speed: 3 | Traction: 1 | Torque: 1 | Weapon: 16 | Armour: 9 | Wedge: it's a fucking shell spinner

Scion (2WD overhead thwackbot)
Speed: 9 | Traction: 7 | Torque: 4 | Weapon: 0 | Armour: 10 (+3 various bits of wedge) | Wedge: 2WD static
Good news: there aren't that many hazards for Scion to shove me into, and being an overhead thwack means it's not going to do any damage at all. Bad news: it's still a big wedge and it's unspeakably fast. Oh well.

When we start, spin up and lurch off to one side, putting as much distance between me and Scion as possible. It doesn't take me long to spin up, but I want to make absolutely certain I'm hitting at full power for as long as possible. Once I am spun up, wobble towards him if he isn't already on me - I need to get those aggression points for the judges if I can't KO the fucker. If he's trying to angle into my flails, let him keep taking those dinks, but if he's just trying to box-rush and get the shell stopped, then I need to get tricksier. When he's coming in, move diagonally at the last second to try and score some flail hits on the chassis behind the wedge or smack into his side shields with the teeth of the shell. Hopefully it'll fling us apart and I can get back up to speed before he recovers.

If I do manage to get some flail hits on the chassis, Scion's straight-up done. 16 weapon vs. 7 armour is not a fun time for the defender, especially if I'm able to snag a wheel or tyre. An additional point in my favour is that none of his armour configurations affect his forks (said bonuses seem only to apply to the wedge plate), which I'll be hitting first if he box-rushes because of how low my shell's teeth are. Indeed, wherever he puts his armour bonus, I'll be able to deal 9 damage SOMEWHERE to his wedge; either he's taking it on the red bit with my flails, he's taking it on the side shields (and likely getting them bent into the wheels) with my flails, or he's taking it on the white bit with my teeth. Whichever way you slice it, the initial impact is going to deliver some serious pain to Scion, and that hit will determine how the fight plays out.

Obligatory "don't drive like I've got shit for brains" comment here.

Good luck, Goatsy, and have fun. =]
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: CBC MW Week 5: Dragonfist vs. Scion

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:15 pm

well she asked me for config at like, 3 AM on a monday, and then posted before I responded, so I'd better not get DCed for that :V . armor bonus goes to JUST THE MIDDLE. Have Light My Fire playing on the organ, if you please.

she has basically no maneuverability, so it mostly comes down to if I can stuff her into a corner for most of the match. my speed advantage and high armor where I need it should give me the ability to limit her to only getting 3-4 good hits, which is reasonably a good deal less than the max i can take.

my drivetrain advantage is why I'm just armoring the middle. yes, she's definitely made an argument about how her flails are gonna let her hit me in the sides or whatever. it's not like I won't see them coming - I can initially work to deal with them by coming in at an angle, same as I would against any bot (just a bit earlier here). they're giant maces on chains, not thin chains like Nuts. they aren't going to be hard to see. also, due to how extreme my drivetrain advantage is, I can afford to drive at 8 speed when she is up to full speed, to ensure better control and avoid letting her get lucky hits in. also, she always has the chance to get stuck on her flails, and the flails will make it even harder for her to spin up near walls than it will for a normal shell.

Rush to start. full speed. I have 9 of it, she has 3, this arena is ostensibly normal. she won't get up to speed. she'll also go fuckin flying and coin off walls because 1 traction lul, so keep hounding her with that full speed advantage to try and prevent her from ever getting up to full speed.

if she ever does get up to full speed, do the angling into the flails first (and then moving into the shell) strategy I mentioned. don't be overly aggressive or at all dumb if she is at full speed, because she is proper frightening in such a situation if I don't engage properly. after the first hit, revert back to aggressively chasing her as she coins.

whenever I get the chance, feed her to hazards. preferably the one that shoots from the floor so I can bypass her shell armor, but I'm not picky.

TL,DR: don't be a dumbass, keep her suppressed, and I can win.

GL