CBC3 HW Week 4: Terminating Cutter Gen III vs Death Metal

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Billy5545

CBC3 HW Week 4: Terminating Cutter Gen III vs Death Metal

Post by Billy5545 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:20 pm

Death Metal: 5/2/1/15/7
Terminating Cutter Gen III: 4/3/1/14/7 (HS config)

After our previous defeat, we are now facing a bot with a similar design and weapon to our bot. Looking at their stats, we see that they have superior weapon power and drive to us. However, it seems that they have less traction. This is something we should take note on.

For our strategy, we are going to try go weapon to weapon with them for the first hit. Our weapon will take more damage than theirs with their power, but we predict both bots will get thrown from each other by their hit, and our weapon will still be able to run. Since we have more control on our bot's drive, and they have less, we will try to approach our opponent carefully once we recover, and try to outmaneuver them with careful driving, trying to get to their biggest weak spot, while avoiding any part of our bot from hitting their weapon by exploiting their poor control, while still keeping in mind that they are faster. We are going to hit one of the wheels, which looks like they stick out more on them than to us. The possible superior range of our weapon may also help in that regard.

After we take out their wheel, we will wait as they get counted out, and carefully drive our bot to remove their other wheel if they can still controllably drive in a limited way. Then we will stay out of harm's way. However, we also have alternate plan if our strategy fail. We will keep going weapon to weapon to protect our bot while trying to reach a spot that is not the opponent's weapon.

For defense, since they are a Tombclone, our only option is to keep our weapon pointed at their's every time they tried to attack.

As for dealing with the hazards and arena, we will avoid them all and try to not get lead to it by our opponent, to prevent damage to our bot and as our bot is not made for control. If we can, however, we hope that a hit from our weapon can fling our opponent to one of the hazards.

Good luck Shaba

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

Re: CBC3 HW Week 4: Terminating Cutter Gen III vs Death Metal

Post by Shaba117 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:23 pm

TC: (HS config)

Speed: 4
Traction: 3
Torque: 1
Weapon: 14 (both configs)
Armor: 7 (+4 weapon bonus)

DM:

SPD-5 // TRA- 2 // TOR-1 // WPN-15 // ARM-7

*TC: Gen III running in Horizontal config.*

We’re in the Woodshed this week….and prepare...for a ride to HELL!

But, yeah, I’ll just spin up and head for my opponent and try to ignore the labyrinth of hazards along the way. I won’t bother to try to trigger the switches to any of them, just go for my opponent and only my opponent. My control ratio may look worse on paper, but my weapon hits harder than theirs. I will try to spin around and attack those large wheels and avoid a direct weapon-weapon hit. Those wheels present themselves as quite the juicy target and I will aim for them!

OK, but for a direct weapon-weapon hit, I have that extra point in weapon that might mean the difference in this fight. It’s “A KO is likely not happening to a KO *could* happen” Not a big margin, but a margin, nonetheless. We both have 7 armor and +4 weapon armor bonus. So, if it comes down to multiple direct weapon on weapon attacks, I *should* come out (limping) on top.

Other than that, avoid any and all house robots and hazards, and try not to get Death Metal *too* out of control :P !

GL, Billy!