CBC Week 3 LW: Hobart 2: Fear Naught vs. Sleipnir

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Rocket

CBC Week 3 LW: Hobart 2: Fear Naught vs. Sleipnir

Post by Rocket » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:26 pm

Hobart 2: Fear Naught (Tracked drum spinner)
Speed: 7 | Traction: 4+1 | Torque: 1 | Weapon: 14 | Armour: 4 (+2 weapon)

Sleipnir (8WD brick)
Speed: 8 | Traction: 8 | Torque: 2 | Weapon: 0 | Armour: 12 (+1 wedgy bit)
So, Sleipnir's a problem. I'm not going to be doing huge amounts of damage to anything with 11 armour, even with corner damage. However, that doesn't mean I can't try. Hobart's got to take this one carefully.

Start by spinning up and heading out towards the centre of the arena. Sleipnir's already going to be there, so it'll be on me in seconds since boxrushing is the only offense it has. It's got a perfect control ration and I very much don't, but it's only 2 mph fast than me, and there isn't a lot of difference between 20mph and 22mph top speeds. When it's coming in, angle in at the last second and try to get under it for the hit. If all I do is catch the fork, just keep powering forward; I'll make contact with something solid eventually. Once I do, Sleipnir's going to be bouncing around all over the shop, which gives me time to reset and plan my next attack. I don't want to be chaining hits unless the opportunity to do so is absolutely perfect - one wrong move and I'm hazard food. Keep counter-angling and trying to get underneath him. If he does manage to get underneath me, J-hook off and counterpunch with the drum. Try and stay in the middle of the arena as much as possible, and try and maintain slight angles on him at all times; never, ever present him with my side if I can possibly help it, because if I do I'm just going to end up getting wedged and shoved into an instant death hazard.

This is a really tricky fight, and my driving's going to have to be on absolute top form to win this one. Hopefully this means I won't drive like a concussed puffin with a drinking problem, but this is ARC. You never know. =]

Good luck, Mole, and have fun. =]
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)

Mole55

Re: CBC Week 3 LW: Hobart 2: Fear Naught vs. Sleipnir

Post by Mole55 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:15 pm

Right, so.

Their weapon can do next to no damage to my forks, I am more manoeuvrable, and, according to the impact damage rules, and track rules, one big ram into the wall should take out their tracks.

So, out of the gates, avoid all hazards, angle in, and then ram them straight into a wall, track first. That should immobilise one side, then just ram them again on the other side.

If you, the writer, decide that that seems like bullshit, fine. I can just push them into the Lobotomizers, pin them, and then wait for the drill to come down on their body, at which point some serious damage should be dealt. Repeat until Hobart is very very dead.

If they get round to my side, accelerate away. If they get near my forks, reverse, and even if they hit the forks, it'll do practically nothing, as they'll just get flicked over.

Good luck.