ICECrown Week 3: Chernabog vs Steelhead

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

ICECrown Week 3: Chernabog vs Steelhead

Post by Trihunter » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:58 am

Chernabog: Speed: 5 / Traction: 4 / Torque: 2 / Weapon: 12 (11 beak, 1 srimech) / Armor: 7

Steelhead: Speed: 6 / Traction: 5 / Torque: 2 / Weapon: 5 / Armour: 12

Alright, let's keep it simple. Take it slow out the gate, spin up, and focus on keeping the flipper facing them, trying to wedge under as best as we can. Once both of us are going, focus on trying to angle around their wedge. We do have the batter drivetrain, but it's not exactly enough of a difference to let me get around too easily, but we can still give it a go. If we do get a decent way under, flip them, and push them into the far wall, bullying them around, see if we can't snap those weedy looking wings under the stress. Keep up the pressure throughout the match, pushing in if the wedges lock together. I'm essentially invulnerable to the crusher, so I don't have to worry about it too much, though it's still preferable to not be controlled. Overall, keep playing aggressive on them, trying to force HFL to make a driving error, which we can then capitalise on and toss them over.

Best of luck to the opposition.

Hooray For Lexan

Re: ICECrown Week 3: Chernabog vs Steelhead

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:38 am

Sharp skids OFF.

12 armor. Rofl.

On one hand, I can’t damage him. On the other hand, he’s only got one point of speed on me and equal control, so fighting as a clampbot isn’t that bad a deal for me. Be as aggressive as possible, keep my wedge pointed at him and watch for angle-in attempts. Head-on a 2WD wedge should beat his hinged flipping forks. Keep my claw just above the height of the top of his drum so if I get underneath him I can get contact with him as quickly as possible.

One advantage I have here is that his top is covered with texture that will make it very easy to get a grip with my claw. Ideally I want to jam it in behind his drum, between it and the frame. My point will fit between his protective tubes and stop his flywheel, which will keep him from using his flipper to try to shake himself free. Otherwise biting down on his top should make me point slide right into the gap between his scales, giving me an excellent grip on him.

Slam him into the hazards as much as possible, keeping a grip on him so I can immediately feed him right back in. I especially want to damage his exposed wheels.

If he gets under me, try to twist off. Self-right if flipped. His flywheel having to spin back up will limit his ability to chain flips. Stay out of positions that could give him a shot at the OOTA areas – which fortunately are really small. My srimech wings should hopefully push me free of any weird positions stuck on the walls or center nail or something.

Good Luck etc. etc.