Lilian vs The Thieving magpie

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Lilian vs The Thieving magpie

Post by Venice Queen » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:44 pm

Lilian: Speed: 5 / Traction: 4 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 12 / Armor: 8 (+3 front) - USING HINGED DUSPAN

Magpie: Stats: SPD-7 // TRA-7 // TOR-2 // WPN-4 // ARM-10

Honestly the best response to being this dicked in the wedge department is to just smash her wedge until it's bent up and I can get under it, so that's the plan!

She doesn't have the drivetrain advantage to ever get fully around my front - and being able to hit the sides of her wedge instead of the middle might actually help me warp it quicker - so her avoiding my weapon can be used to my advantage, provided I can actually time my swings to connect.

my plan is to swing every time she gets close enough for me to reasonably assume I could connect a shot to her wedge. err on the side of caution here - I'm fine with firing a little bit late and smacking her in the chassis (that's still a not-insignificant 2 damage to her flipper or something else - which can stack up), but I do NOT want to fire early and whiff, since I imagine that my opportunities to hit her will be oft-punctuated by periods in which I'm flipper juggled, so I NEED to make my hits count.

do my best to mitigate the effectiveness of her flips and wedgings with smart self-righting and defensive driving, but do prioritize getting hits in as much as I can in the meantime. Once I start to see her wedge be uneven, I can switch strategies to trying to get underneath her and delivering multiple hits. I can KO pretty quickly if she actually stays in contact with me (lots of 2 corner damage = owie), so me gaining a wedge advantage (or at least equal wedge quality) will force her to suddenly play very passively, and allow me to become aggressive. don't let this get to my head - stay intelligent - but do push this advantage as much as I can, since I'll be behind on points until I'm able to start getting under her.

I start on the tall wall side and should stay on that half of the arena. I don't need to get OOTAed.

This will be tough, but if I get lucky, I can pull a surprise win. I can and should play into her potential assumptions that I'm screwed - any overconfidence on her part plays well for me, since it increases my chance of getting in free hits.

GL

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

Re: Lilian vs The Thieving magpie

Post by Shaba117 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:10 pm

Start out of my square and charge aggressively at Lilian, but turn away before its hammer can make contact with me. Then, try to lead it over near the wall to try to get beside/behind it and get the flipper into position. I don't have enough power in the flipper to get Lilian over even the short wall, so I just need to remain aggressive once I get on him and don't let up unless it's to release for the pin timer. Keep repeating as much as possible with this strategy and try to keep hammer impacts from Lilian to a minimum. If Lilian looks to be starting to gain the upper hand, I'll just floor it far back enough to where I can 'regroup' some and resume an offensive strategy.

Drive aggressively while getting more shots with my flipper than he can with his hammer.

GL, Gabe!