ROBOT2 FW QFs - Apocalyptic Peacekeeper vs Buzzcut

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Wolf51-50

ROBOT2 FW QFs - Apocalyptic Peacekeeper vs Buzzcut

Post by Wolf51-50 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:56 am

Forks with wedge tray

He's probably gonna wheelie to shit with those big wheels in the back. Also I have enough ground clearance that his comb spikes probably won't be an issue and I can probably drive over them with a full head of steam. I mean look at them, they're tiny. Probably will work as more of a speed bump. My wheelbase is also more efficient with a wide base 4WD compared to short based 2WD.

He's got the wedge advantage, but here's the problem: as a wedgebot, he has no answer in terms of an active weapon. So every time I get under him and lift, not only will he be able to do shit all about it, but I'll be given easy damage points since active weapon and full control of the opponent should win over the standard wall slam of a wedgebot.

No holding back. Fast driving at the start while angling in before contact. His thin wedges are good head on, but are rather easy to angle into. If this fails, I'm already driving at top speed, see if I can bounce up and over him. If so, get at his back before he turns around. If I just get stuck on his wedge, AP is a longboi. Drive off and try again.

Once I'm under him, clamp him immediately. Lift him up high and smash him into walls. Drop him in a way to flip him has I lower the lifter. Maybe even try to go for an OOTA. Do whatever is possible to assert dominance. Long story short: aggressive driving at all times, weapon usage when underneath. Self right if flipped somehow.

Good luck Jack!

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: ROBOT2 FW QFs - Apocalyptic Peacekeeper vs Buzzcut

Post by attackfrog » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:30 pm

Buzzcut is sligtly faster and is 2WD instead of 4WD, but otherwise these two are pretty well matched, driving wise. IRL it would come down to driving skill, but this is ARC! And so, it will come down to wedging, strategy, and wedging. And I have the superior wedge here. AP has lifting forks, which, though pointy, will at best have the weight of its lifting mechanism pushing them into the ground, and at worst will act as a static wedge. (The support forks are certainly going to be fixed.) I on the other hand am driving a 2WD wedge which is kinda spiky. I should slip right underneath. Added to this, AP's grabber sticks out relatively far in front of it, so it should be possible for me to angle around it a bit as it turns, even with our similar speed and control.

My plan is to be aggressive and try to angle in a bit to get underneath AP, though never at the expense of allowing myself to be flanked. I'd rather go head-to-head if that looks like it's what going to happen. I'll get underneath (hopefully), which will lift AP's front wheels off the ground assuming I get under its support forks (which I will) and I'll proceed to push it around a bit, if I can. (With half its wheels off the ground, I might be able to.) If I have the misfortune to get out-wedged, I'll spin away backwards out of AP's grasp before it can grab me and come back in again for another try. My hope is to keep AP on top of my robot and under my control for most of the match, even if I can't slam it into walls as I'd like.

GL Wolf!