ro-battle rollercoaster finals week 2 lw

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

patrickrowberry

ro-battle rollercoaster finals week 2 lw

Post by patrickrowberry » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:53 am

simple tactics

bot rush the ramp but stop at the end to let the ramp tilt drops to the next bit

for both bank turns
keep fast but controled 7/7 spped,traction should let me take the courner at a decent but controled speed

take the secodn ramp with a bit of cuation go up with some good speed but make sure to slow down in inclamints to not go over bored and let the ramp doop on the other side to let me to the next section

quickly go over the bridge keepign a steady hand and very focused

take the next bank turn liek the previuous one

take the last section with caustion not to much seepd but keep it fast enough to not be a slug

good luck

NFX

Re: ro-battle rollercoaster finals week 2 lw

Post by NFX » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:43 pm

I've got plenty ground clearance, so I'll be relatively unaffected by the lumps and bumps on the track, whereas other bots such as Gourmet and EC could easily get beached. I'm also keeping the saw arm in against the main chassis, so as to keep all my mass inside the wheelbase to improve balance, and the only competitor which can do this. Motorsport interest comes in handy. [/thumbsup]

> Tilting Ramp: Go fast up to the top, pause to let it come down. Make sure I'm still pointing straight ahead, then go fast over the small humps ahead.

> Inverse Bank: Will be taking this one carefully, so as to avoid going off the side. Big wheels and ground clearance should give me good grip here, other bots may get beached with the bumps or convex shape of the track and slide off.

> Tilting Ramp II - Tilt Harder: Same as the first, quickly up it, let it fall, then zip off to the next one.

> Tri-Tilt Ramp: I imagine I can take this one in a similar fashion to the straight ramps, only sticking to the side between the entrance and correct exit.

> Bridge: Try and be quick here once again, although if I see myself veering too close to the barriers, ease off slightly and make sure I get through.

> Bank: I think I can afford to be slightly less cautious than the first banked turn. Staying a bit nearer the inside as well, don't want to go flying over the top here.

> Moguls: Slightly cautious here too, again making sure to stay on the track. Pick up speed between them, and again when I have a clear run to the exit.

tl;dr: Exploit my ground clearance and excellent balance to go quick when I can, exercise caution if I get too near the track edges.

GL the rest!
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:18 pm

I feel like every single obstacle can be solved here by me saying "don't be an idiot and move at the lowest possible speed I can go for the whole time," so imma just do that and have you fill in all the details of me not driving like a moron so you don't have to follow some dumb step-by-step checklist to avoid me raging at you or something.

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Post by attackfrog » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:19 pm

The Gourmet's got a bit of making up to do after a poor showing in King of the Hill last time. So I'm really going for it this time. The Gourmet's got a very low center of gravity, which should help me. I'll keep its lifter raised enough to not catch on any of the obstacles. Also working in my favor is that this is presumably the same course the heavyweights went through, so even though The Gourmet is rather wide, it shouldn't have too much trouble staying in the track as a lightweight.

So with that in mind I'm gonna go all out! I'll need to slow down a bit for the inverse banked turn and the angled tilting ramp thing, and I'll be careful not to fall off the bridge, but for the rest of it, yolo. It'll take a lot to flip me over, and I can recover quickly enough even from that. 3, 2, 1... Go!