ro-battle king of the hill finals week 1 lw

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

patrickrowberry

ro-battle king of the hill finals week 1 lw

Post by patrickrowberry » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:53 am

my strat is to keep my wedge upwards unless i go into a ramming battle to use my ground clerence to get up the hills

bot rush the cricle to my left leve my main target "the one in front" for after i get the one to the left of it that i am allowed to get to
after i knock down that flag go back my main flag and then go for the centre

good luck

NFX

Re: ro-battle king of the hill finals week 1 lw

Post by NFX » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:52 pm

Every robot is as fast as one another, fancy that :v However, Override's ground clearance is superior to pretty much everyone else, including Ramshock, and my saw arm's reach allows me to knock down targets without having to climb the hill fully. I'll be playing this event backwards with the saw arm extended outward to take advantage of this, but raised slightly so I don't ram it into the hills by mistake.

No idea where we're all starting, but the only position that could give me grief is between Ramshock and Gourmet, since they have slightly better Traction and Torque. In that case, start by going for the target I share with Gourmet, and exploit its poorer ground clearance and low reach to snag the flag first. If I'm elsewhere, go instead for the target I share with Endless Clowns, since I should be able to out-accelerate and outreach it enough to take that one.

That leaves my solo flag free for the taking, before going after the central hill. Not having to climb the hills fully to reach the flags should save me a bit of time overall, my ground clearance should easily prevent me getting beached anywhere, and nobody really has enough of a drivetrain advantage to massively outrun me, especially with most being so low to the ground. Hopefully I can score well in this event to get my finals off to a good start, ideally winning.

GL the rest!
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: ro-battle king of the hill finals week 1 lw

Post by attackfrog » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:59 pm

The Gourmet

I'll go directly for one of the striped flags: either the one I share with Override or Endless Clowns, depending on how all our robots are arranged. As every single one of us have seven speed, I'm hoping my traction advantage over those two will get me to the flag first (I'll be more controlled and it will be easier for me to aim for it.) I'll keep my lifter raised a little so it doesn't catch on the dirt mounds.

If I fail to get the flag first, I'll head over to my other striped flag if I've gotten lucky and an opponent hasn't gotten it first. Otherwise, or when that's complete, I'll head back to my own flag, tag it, and then head for the black flag at top speed.

Good luck everybody!