Infrared vs Meanstreak II

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Post by Madman » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:21 pm

Gonna have one set of wedge tips on and the other off. I'll start wedge side bottom and wedgeless side top

I'm obviously the brick in this fight. I have a massive drivetrain advantage which I intend to use, as well as the better wedge. Even if he presses his ABR forks, my skids have more weight and it's more focused, so they should still win. As for our drums, it's hard to scale these things since they're both pictures without reference points. However, The width of my bot compared to its height leads me to believe that its drum will strike a bit lower Also, the double-sided design of Infrared's teeth will allow my drum to get a lot more bite on impact, while its drum has nothing to actually latch onto on Meanstreak. He's also going to be VERY front-heavy and difficult to maneuver, and if his drum manages to get under mine, the impact is going to push it right into the floor, where it'll impact and sent him flying too. Basically, he'll take a long time to recover after weapon to weapon hits.

If he comes out wedge side first, then just square up and outwedge him. He'll be confident in his ABR shenanigans, but my wedge should still be better. Use my drivetrain advantage to adjust to any tricks. When I get under, he'll get flung and his drum's gonna hit the floor. Follow up relentlessly, and when my drum is running out of steam, pick a wall and just pin him.

If he comes out spinner side first, go for a flanking maneuver. Flank suddenly and quickly and with his spinner that far out in front of his really short wheelbase, well, even a 4WD bot will gyro pretty severely. Maneuver relentlessly to get him to gyro and lift a bit or be unable to keep up. Then dart in and fling him. Chain hits and then pin, as above.

If I get flipped and it would make more sense for me to be the other way up, then just run into his weapon at an angle to right myself, obviously avoiding letting the skids take a hit. As a general rule, just force hits and lots of maneuvering from him to keep him spun down, out of control, and on the defensive. Be relentless, chaining hits, flipping, and pinning.

GL
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

BEES

Post by BEES » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:46 pm

Despite my opponent having a drum, I will use the tiny vertical anti-spinner teeth on my drum anyway.

My drum has 13 points, his drum has 5. More importantly, his drum has 10 armor (and that's if if we're being generous... if we're being honest he probably should break the 1/3rd rule, but never mind). Meanstreak's drum will also receive corner damage on all of its many weird looking teeth. He's got a lot of speed but it won't matter when his front's gonna get destroyed. The plan is to use the fact that my drum spins faster than his to catch his drum head-on (the forks beneath all of this will not matter) and fling his whole bot with it. Follow up flings with hits to his wheels which with 6 armor, should be killing him dead.

He's probably gonna try to make a case that his forks will do something special for him. They won't. What will happen is my drum will ride straight over those, then contact the lower side of his drum, pulling it upwards rapidly, flinging his whole bot over. Since my drum is *hinged* my whole bot will not be flung by the process.

So, keep the weapon facing him, or try to angle in and catch the sides of his drum. Either way, rack up damage.

Good Luck

N