(Labyrinth) Heian Alien vs Helepolis

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Post by Trihunter » Thu May 31, 2018 8:09 am

Ignore the other thread, we're both idiots.

------------------------------------------------------

Heian Alien:
Speed: 4
Traction: 3
Torque: 1
Armour: 12
Weapon: 14

Helepolis:
Speed: 6
Traction: 4
Torque: 3
Weapon: 7 (5 grabber, 5 lifter)
Armour: 10

------------------------------------------------------

Use the enclosed time to get a killshot on Helepolis. It can't escape for a good few seconds in the turntable, so just break them. If they escape somehow, then disregard them for the most part, since they outpace us. If they happen to be passing by or going for a very close by obstacle, though, give em another whack.

Head for the flipper first. Wait for it to finish retracting then crawl over it. Repeat to get free. Next up is the sandbox. Don't bother turning, just use translational movement to get across, hopefully. Once done with those, head to the spikes and bridge, attempting them in that order. Like with the flipper, be patient across the spikes. Take the bridge slow, try not to tip over. Once those are done, head for the rollers, taking it slow and carefully. After that, try and see if we can shove the box about. If Helepolis gets any of those glass bits, skip them in the order, of course. Once the Final Barrier opens up, if we're not really close to smashing the glass on an obstacle, get over there, push down the barrier and smash it.

Use the axe to srimech if it's tipped over, be patient when waiting for opportunities on moving obstacles, abandon a glass strip if it's clear we can't beat the obstacle.

Good luck to the opposition.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Rocket_III

Post by Rocket_III » Thu May 31, 2018 3:43 pm

So, since Heian Alien has a whacking great hammer and the sheer size of our robots means we're gonna be shoved up close together, I'm going to hazard a guess that Tri's gonna try and smash Helepolis to bits with his hammer. It's got 14 weapon points, so it should do damage... buuuuut the main chassis of my robot (and the target he's most likely gonna be able to hit) forms my lifter, which gets weapon armour. 14-12 is not the kind of weapon/armour differential that leads to catastrophic damage, so the plan is to just weather the storm and get out as soon as I can.

From there, I intend to get out on the left-hand side and go for the suspension bridge first. Keep the grabber up, blitz over it quickly, get the glass, move back. Same story for the spikes on the other side, since they will do essentially bugger-all to impede my progress. After that, it's time to move back through the centre circle and head for the rollers if they're still available. 6 Speed, 4 Traction, and 3 Torque should be plenty to get through this without too much hassle, and it lets me have a nice long run up to the push box, if it's still available. If it's not, I'll head for the flipper, and if that's gone, I'll park my fat arse in front of the final gate and prepare to bludgeon my way through it to glorious victory! Probably. I mean, I'm giving up 25 points to my opponent bc I'm not confident in the ability of my giant, thin wheels to not get bogged down in the Robotica Rats' litter tray, so this won't be a blowout.

Good luck, Tri, and may the best bot win! =]