Marauder VS Mole Butcher

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Marauder VS Mole Butcher

Post by GF93 » Sat May 05, 2018 9:58 pm

Lifter Config, Wedge Extenders OFF.

Solid-looking clampbot with a nice variety of weapons and some decent torque -- however, it's slower with considerably less traction, the armour's low enough to take damage from hazards, the wedges don't look too strong, and assuming the weapons are divided among each other, that only gives them about 2.3 each in terms of power. So it's gonna be slow to lift, I can drive off at any time with my tracks, and with my set-up, flipping won't faze me too long.

With this in mind, I'll want to be very aggressive throughout. Move out quickly, press down the Lifter as I approach, and force my way under from either the sides, corners, or the sides of his lifter. Once I am, get shoving -- and if he tries escaping, copy his movements to stop him. If he gets under me, don't panic -- reverse or j-turn off using my tracks, and counterattack him from an exposed side or underneath his raised lifter before he can drop it.

To attack, I'll want to keep underneath to the best of my ability, and constantly keep him forced near the walls/hazards and onto the defence. Ram him into the walls/corners and squash him into them to wear down the clock, force him onto the spikes and floor flippers to turn him over, and whenever he is inverted, actively prevent him from self-righting, and prop him onto his back, side or baseplate -- ideally against the wall -- to TKO him; using the Lifter as needed to aid in doing so. He'll be really slow to self-right due to his low weapon power, and because all aforementioned areas are flat and he has low ground clearance, it's a viable option.

Defence will mostly be the aggressive kind -- actively taking the fight to him and shutting down his offence as best I can. Keep the front facing him and the lifter pressed when I'm approaching and not underneath, only raise it when I am underneath or he's flipped, always be ready to immediately escape and accordingly counterattack if he does get under, try to avoid going head-on, and keep a good berth from the hazards/walls when I'm not using them myself. If he does flip me, escape and readjust accordingly as I do so to stop him following up before resuming.

Good luck!
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."