Lethal Injection 2 VS Pathos

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Lethal Injection 2 VS Pathos

Post by GF93 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:27 pm

Alright, time for my next battle with the Frenchman. This time, it's Pathos again- but what is it with me and rematches against improved machines this week. :P

Analysis
So from what I can see, he's completely changed from last time, going from a barrel-shaped Axe/Flipper to a Pyramid-like Lifter design. He's a little faster than I am with the same Torque and Armour, and a fairly decent Lifting Plate at the front. All in all, not too bad.

However, he's still got some very telling weaknesses. In terms of the design, his most crippling flaw is his near-total lack of adaptability to being flipped. Neither his wedges or Lifter will work once he's flipped, and his extremely small top plate means he'll topple over onto one of his sides as he gets pushed, which in turn nullifies his equal torque and will allow me to shove him around quite handily. Likewise, he won't be able to the same to me since I adapt much better to running either way up.

In terms of his direct stats- whilst he is slightly faster granted, the advantage does not offer much since not only am I fast enough to effectively keep up, his worse Traction and extremely long and thin chassis affects his control a lot, so he'll be considerably slower to turn and get his weapon into play than I will. Likewise, his lower Weapon Power means it'll take time for him to raise and lower his Lifter than I will my Spikes- that combined with his complete lack of things to keep me trapped on his wedges means I'll be able to simply drive right over him and get to his blind spots if he does get underneath.

Strategy
Spikes for this Fight.

Alright, time to show the Parisian Pyramid who's boss. Move out quickly, press down the Spikes as I approach, and go for the sides and corners in order to effectively attack him. Force my way right underneath, begin lifting him up, and if I can do so, immediately turn him over. If this is not feasible for the time being, stick to lifting him up and/or keeping his wheels off the ground as I shove him around instead.
If he tries to run away or circle around my sides, use my superior agility to chase him down and weasel my way around to his sides or corners, and if he does get underneath, his Lifter will take time to raise and does not have anything to keep me trapped on it, so drive over him and turn to get him from behind before he can react.

In terms of attacking, I'll want to be controlled and aggressive like I usually am when he's the right side up- at this time, focus predominantly on keeping underneath and trying to flip him over ASAP, but mixing it up as well with some hazard trips to do some damage and keep him guessing especially focus on ramming him into the Spike Strips and forcing him into the Drums and Pulveriser Corners to damage his skirts and main body respectively.
Prioritise flipping him over ASAP still, and once I do that, he'll literally have no way to defend himself. As such, be incredibly aggressive- don't flip him back over, and focus on forcing him onto the Killsaws instead of the Drum to minimise the risk of accidentally flipping him back over. Make use of ramming him around constantly though, especially into hazards, and do everything I can to reduce him to being forced onto a constant defence without so much as a chance of fighting back.

Defending myself mostly comes down to keeping the Spikes pressed down as I approach, not going for him head-on and instead focussing on his sides and corners when he's the right-side up. Keep a good distance from the hazards when I'm not taking him to them myself, drive over his wedges if he gets underneath, and if he does somehow flip me (But hopefully he shouldn't do, given his design.), move out the way first to readjust my Spikes and prevent him from comboing me, then continue as normal.
Once he's flipped though, focus instead on Aggressive Defence, constantly attacking him to shove him around and limit his movement to where I want him- IE. keep him herded near the walls and hazards to limit his movement and prevent him from escaping. However, it'll be very important to keep him away from the Drum once he's flipped.

We're both reasonably hardy, so a KO from either side is unlikely, but I'm hoping to beat him down enough to swing the decision on Aggression/Damage and Strategy. Given what I've elaborated on, hopefully it should be possible, but let's see how it goes. Good luck, Mystic.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."