Dr. Pepperdine vs. Crystal

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:43 am

Dr. Pepperdine
Speed: 6
Traction: 5
Torque: 1
Wedge Effectiveness: 0
Armor: 7 (+1 Rear Plow)
Weapon Power: 11

Crystal
Speed: 7
Traction: 8
Torque: 1
Wedge Effectiveness: 4
Armor: 4
Weapon Power: 6

I beat him, but it was pretty close. The key to the match, it seemed, was to dial back on my assertiveness. He's faster, naturally, but it's not by a whole hell of a lot. So instead of focusing on being aggressive, I just need to focus on countering and parrying his attacks.

He's got this thin arm, with not a lot of space on it and at a low angle. He can get under me, but it'd be very easy to back up or twist or fire my hammer and fall off his small arm. Basically I want to maximize the opportunities I can get in this match. Keep circling and look for an opening. I do want to go for his sides when I get the chance; he's only faster than me by one point so it's not like its unheard of that I could get to his sides. All I really have to do is get to the side of his flipper, which basically means angling in and just not coming in against that flipper arm head on.

There's a pretty big disparity between my weapon power and his armor. Like I said in my last fight, the main difficulty is going to be to get in as many hammer strikes as possible. With such low armor, even a couple of dead on hammer hits could slow him down or mess with that flipper arm. Once I get in the first couple of hits, it shouldn't be so difficult to get many more with him running at less than 100%.

If I do get to his side, one thing that I'd like to do is push him to the saws while hammering him. Those casters on the front look pretty fragile, and Crystal doesn't look very balanced. If the saw clipped one of them and tore it off, he'd no longer be able to drive in a straight line since he'd probably be tipping to one side. If I could pull that off, it might mean the match.

Good luck.

Probably Rob

Post by Probably Rob » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:13 pm

I'm seen standing in front of my dartboard in the garage.

"The playoffs have arrived; I still cannot believe Crystal has made it this far. To make the playoffs, only four robots need a perfect score after nine weeks. Somehow, someway, Crystal was one of the four, and we'll be facing our opponent from just two weeks ago, the Pepperdine.

It didn't go so well for us, but this time, I can certainly tell you, it will be much different. We fought hard, and hopefully put on a great performance. I've got to hand it to Pepperdine, a good opponent, and the deserving victor... but when we meet again, we'll be the ones with our hands raised high. We spent a long time looking over the match to list our mistakes. We only found one, and that's defense.

To avoid the axe, we must get away every time we feel we're about to be attacked. Doing this, we could also trick them, making them think we know we're about to be attacked, then quickly go around them for a flip attempt. Hey, it worked last time, look how many times it had to self-right. The weaponry is dangerous, and the armour is preventive... we lost... what do we need? Agility.

It was the beginning that was primarily gave us the points. We need to do the same, no doubt about it. If we don't, it's over. Move, flip; move, flip. This, is going to be, a tough rematch. I hope Pepperdine's ready, because we are. They may have won 3 matches via knockout, but should we be cautious?

Have we improved our robot? No. We don't need to. Everything is already as good as new. It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal. They stole the win during our first encounter. We get a rematch during the playoffs, where we'll elevate one step closer to the Final, so they get, nothing. They'll lose. Good day, Doctor."