Running With Scissors vs. Raging Retsuko

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Running With Scissors vs. Raging Retsuko

Post by attackfrog » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:00 pm

Running With Scissors: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10009#p74578
Raging Retsuko: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10009&start=15#p74586

So we got a flipper vs. flipper showdown. Mine is twice as fast though, so I think I've got an advantage here. I don't think this arena has a flip-out area, so I'll win this by controlling the fight.

I have a powerful enough drivetrain to push Retsuko around a bit, so when I get underneath I'll push her around to get a flip angle that will send her into the spikes or the... what is that? A flame pit? Or something? If it does damage, I'm sending Retsuko into it. The wall is a solid choice too. I won't be dealing damage, but it'll look aggressive.

I'll use my speedy speed and perfect control to get around to the sides/rear of Raging Retsuko, get underneath her fixed sides with my wedge, push it toward one of the arena hazards, and yeet her with my scissor flipper. I'll the immediately follow up and get underneath again while she's either self-righting or attempting to get her bearings. I'll continue doing that until the three minutes are up.

If Retsuko gets lucky and gets a flip on me, I'll self-right, retreat, then go back to my angle-in strategy.

GLHF

NickyDustyOwl

Re: Running With Scissors vs. Raging Retsuko

Post by NickyDustyOwl » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:43 pm

I like the name of Running with Scissors btw

Its a very fast robot, something that will harm me. When it comes down to bots faster than my (Retsuko in this case), I sit in the middle of the arena and point my front at a robot. If I get under it, flip it and control it around for a bit. Back off and repeat the same process over and over again. If I get flipped. Try to self right and back off as soon as possible

Best of Luck :)
I do RA2 most of the time and im funny sometimes