Rampage vs Powerdrive 2020

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

Rampage vs Powerdrive 2020

Post by British-Robotics » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:33 pm

Powerdrive has much more controlled steering thanks to his traction being even with his speed so I should be able to dodge some charges off Rampage early on, Go mildly aggressive & carefully stay close to him, go after some early pops on the side of Rampage hoping to buckle one of the wheels or try to rip one of them and give him drive problems.

Rampage's armor is weak enough to be damaged so I could potentially hit him frontally and chip off some of the armor. and use my weapon to protect the whole chassis as much as possible when I attack.

If I'm in danger of getting hit, quickly reverse away and switch back to attack Rampage in the hope to catch him off guard and go for the pops once more.

Good luck and may the best robot win :)

TDG does ARC
Team: Team CSI

Re: Rampage vs Powerdrive 2020

Post by TDG does ARC » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:37 pm

Aight this should be fun fight

I have spotted a major flaw with the wedge before we start, those things are flat on the front not filed in the render, so even though they are hinged those babies are gonna be nearly useless against any wedge let alone my hinged one, if I'm allowed to exploit that then the strategy becomes very simple, keep the front pointed at em then go for a hit, slide under, and let +4 damage over their armor do the work. If they go for my sides I'll back out of it and get my front pointed at them again, if they land a hit they only have 2 points over my armor so damage is not a huge concern and I can self right easily. If at all possible I would like to hit their srimech while they are upside down and take it out of commission for a possible KO, all of this is ofc being done while maintaining as much distance from the walls as I can, I know they can OOTA and I don't want to run that risk.

If I'm not allowed to exploit the wedgelet problem then the strategy remains mostly the same, but I will be more cautious when placing my hits and try to angle myself so I can slide under them easily, it's still a 60/40 chance in a head on so if they do manage to get a head to head ram there is still a decent chance I can get under and that would be all I need to score huge damage, while they could only score some knockback if they got under.

If gyro becomes an issue in either of the above scenarios I can spin down to half throttle and place my shot carefully, then once they are off kilter hit them full send, oh yeah and our drive systems are basically the same so I seriously doubt there will be any flanking of any kind in this fight. Good luck : )
Just here to have a good time