Cha Cha Slide vs Coward's way out

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Cha Cha Slide vs Coward's way out

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:36 am

oh hey neat I'm using the outer long forks

CWO // Speed: 4 // Traction: 3 // Torque: 1 // Weapon: 14 // Armor: 8 (+2 weapon, forks, & the very front of the weapon supports) //
CCS // 4 Speed / 3 Traction / 2 Torque / 12 Weapon / 8 Armor (+3 interchangeable front)

CCS is missing a stat point, and inefficiently devoted points to torque on a strafing bot. I functionally have two additional stats over him, and take less knockback.

CCS has exactly matching drive stats since the torque gets reduced by 1. using the outer forks instead of the inner forks gives me a wider area to face towards the opponent, and helps me with angling in on his outsides if he tries to strafe to one side. this should hopefully force more head-on engagements, where I have an extreme advantage.

in the event that he is at my side, back off while turning to face him. if that is not an option, turn in place and hope things work out: feed him a fork if necessary, even in a bad hit they shouldn't take major damage. this should not be a situation that happens without a real fucky-wucky, however. my primary priority is keeping my front facing him. play as defensively as I need to to accomplish this, but do try to stay close to the middle of the arena.

have me do the expected relatively intelligent things when I'm in an advantage state, and avoid doing anything idiotic.

GL!

[NOTE: IF he uses HS, go wedge instead. it dies in 5 hits. 15 weapon 5armor/9weapon armor vs 14 weapon 6armor/14weapon armor/10 front armor. he doesn't destroy my front instantly, and my weapon barely takes damage at all. his weapon takes FIVE damage - and I'll be knocking him up. it's over in one hit either way and it favors me]

Tcrrr
Team: Code Red Robotics

Re: Cha Cha Slide vs Coward's way out

Post by Tcrrr » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:57 pm

Okay so the strategy for this is rather simple, sidestep every time she tries to attack.

As the fight begins, I'll move forward just a little and spin up for the first 3 seconds. Once I see which path she's going, if they go left or right to flank I'll back up and meet head on while letting them ride up my wedgelets (Lockjaw vs Black Dragon is an example of what I mean in terms of being lower with hinged wedgelets at a standstill). If they go straight on at me, I immediately use my mecanums to move to their side for a possible hit. This is the core basis of what I'm going to do. If I ever get wedged and I'm not immediately hit by the spinner, I'll back up off to make sure all my wheels are on the ground at the same time. Whenever neither of us are making advances to breach one another's defense, I'll be shifting the fight to the center so that I have as much room to play as possible.

In the case that I get flipped, I try my best to hit them and self right myself as quickly as I can. The more time I spend upside down, the worse off I am.

While so far this strategy seems to be me backing up and moving side to side, once they go into the air I'll become more aggressive and try to follow up and chain hits on them. During these chain hits is when I'll play aggressive (and even go for OOTAs), but aside from that I'm waiting for opportunities where I sidestep them or they ride up my wedgelets while I'm at a standstill.

Aside from that though, stay away from the OOTA zones and avoid that weapon at all costs. Every hit that I take from that weapon is one I'm worse off with, so I have to prevent it from having a chance to hit me.

TLDR: I'm going to wait for them to come at me, sidestep their movements or make them ride up my wedgelets and into my weapon. If I get hit upside down, I make sure to prioritize getting back up as soon as I can.

Good luck Sio, and may the better bot win.